82 degrees

I had an LFS tell me recently that one way to control ICH in a system is to bump the temp up to 82. That the parasite cannot live in that warm of temperature on the fish and will only be in the water (if it is in the tank).

Pros/Cons Is this for real??? Why havent I heard this before? Will the corals do ok at that warm of temp?

DD

"Rambo"
I had an LFS tell me recently that one way to control ICH in a system is to bump the temp up to 82. That the parasite cannot live in that warm of temperature on the fish and will only be in the water (if it is in the tank).

Pros/Cons Is this for real??? Why havent I heard this before? Will the corals do ok at that warm of temp?
This would be false. The only thing that warmer temperatures do is speed their life cycle up. Which, if you're treating for it, would reduce the amount of time it takes to treat.

Thanks all....I have just surpassed my one year in the hobby and still have no idea what I am doing...thats why I am still asking you guys instead of the LFS. My two LFS here in japan have steered me down the wrong path a few times and I always double check with the forum now...

MMreef

This is a hobby that makes me learn and relearn constantly.Even being doing this for few years now, I never assume that I know everything. Forums like this are great tool to get information from other hobbyist that encountered certain problems that we are looking answers for.