8g Nuvo mixed reef

FreeDumb182

I started this 8g tank about 7-8 months ago. Looking good so far! ATO is a must for nano tanks! I've been looking for a very tiny reactor that will fit in the 1st chamber--2.5x2.5x12--but have not been able to find one. Suggestions are very much appreciated! Thanks!

Specs:
Innovative Marine Nuvo 8 with stock LED lights
Aquatic life 115 skimmer
RGB Panorama Pro
Tunze Nano Osmolator
Cobalt Aquatics Micro UV
Finnex HOB refugium (spray painted) with 1in live sand, several live rocks, and a ton of chaeto which i have to trim every 2 weeks
Finnex Fugeray light
AquaEuro chiller
Aqueon heater
Misc pumps
no mechanical filter
chemi pure elite

Pics:
View attachment 3493View attachment 3494.
View attachment 3495View attachment 3496.
View attachment 3497View attachment 3498

Jep21

Tank looks awesome bro!! I want that dendro!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeDumb182

Tank looks awesome bro!! I want that dendro!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks bro! I got that from Rich, i think he still has some available. I'm thinking of removing the red monti cap cause it's not spiraling and it's taking a lot of space. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a maxi-mini!

Jep21

Thanks bro! I got that from Rich, i think he still has some available. I'm thinking of removing the red monti cap cause it's not spiraling and it's taking a lot of space. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a maxi-mini!
Mini maxi may or may not work depending on if it likes the spot and if it doesn't u run risk of it moving around the tank and potentially stinging corals..

Jep21

I was thinking about putting the monti on the backwall but I have GSP on the back wall that would need some lighting.. Can I put a clam up there? lol
U can try braking the monti up and glueing it on the side that doesn't have the gsp and let it grow out and frag as needed..

Jep21

On the spot where the monti is I would just suggest replacing it with some sps like maybe an acro or something

FreeDumb182

U can try braking the monti up and glueing it on the side that doesn't have the gsp and let it grow out and frag as needed..
I'll look for a spot but the space in the 8g is really limited.

I will be breaking it this weekend. Will probably give them away for free but I don't think anybody in this forum would want a cheap red monti cap lol

Jep21

I'll look for a spot but the space in the 8g is really limited.

I will be breaking it this weekend. Will probably give them away for free but I don't think anybody in this forum would want a cheap red monti cap lol
U should look for a wicked looking maxi mini nem to put it ur tank... I thnk u'll be fine with breaking it apart.. Someone in the forum is always looking for free corals lol

FreeDumb182

U should look for a wicked looking maxi mini nem to put it ur tank... I thnk u'll be fine with breaking it apart.. Someone in the forum is always looking for free corals lol
yeah i will. I've been eyeing some ultra maxi mini online but I don't want to pay for shipping lmao. I'm thinking of doing a group buy to accumulate enough for free shipping. Gotta look at JC's suggestion--FragCreations-- not sure if that's local or not.

FreeDumb182

7/2014 Update:

I have gotten a lot of new corals from fellow CR reefers in the past month or so and I just wanted to post an update FTS to show that all of them are doing well except for the forest fire digi which is battling STN...

Pardon my newb ipad shots... I need somebody to show me how to take tank shots with my D90! lol :)
View attachment 4108View attachment 4109

FreeDumb182

deng bro!! tank is looking insane! good job man! Hows the anemone crab?
Thanks bro! I tried putting the anemone crab by the maxi mini but the anemone tried to eat it and it was trying to get away for dear life! LMAO!
It looks like it has hosted the GSP on the back wall since he hasn't left that area since I got him.