Livestock choice

• 1 yellow tang, 1 blue tang, 2 clowns, 3 chromis, 1 diamond goby, + cuc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 dogface puffer, 2 clowns, 3 chromis, 1 diamond goby, + cuc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

madjoe

Premium member
I have 90 gal i have 2 zebra eels huge coris wrasse a butterfly three clowns adult emperator angel and now a pink tail trigger in qt waiting to go. Ain oh yea and a flasher wrasse that got the boot out if reef

MMreef

I have 90 gal i have 2 zebra eels huge coris wrasse a butterfly three clowns adult emperator angel and now a pink tail trigger in qt waiting to go. Ain oh yea and a flasher wrasse that got the boot out if reef
No offense but that's what I call irresponsible fish keeping if all those go in 90 gal.

madjoe

Premium member
No offense but that's what I call irresponsible fish keeping if all those go in 90 gal.
Say what u want but my fish r all healthy and get along. I forgot about blonde naso too. So what u rule of thumb 1 fish per 90 gallons. Never mind cause nobody cares specially me ob what u think. Maybe i will get a achillies too hmm

MMreef

Say what u want but my fish r all healthy and get along. I forgot about blonde naso too. So what u rule of thumb 1 fish per 90 gallons. Never mind cause nobody cares specially me ob what u think. Maybe i will get a achillies too hmm
This statement shows how completely ignorant you are about your fish well being and this hobby in general. Good luck.

cubanreef

Things are getting heated on CR lol

Personally you should try to be responsible and try to follow the guidelines but if the fish are healthy, let things be...

Im a reef guy so go with the tangs and buy them really small :)

madjoe

Premium member
This statement shows how completely ignorant you are about your fish well being and this hobby in general. Good luck.

yea im a rookie only ten yrs in it . been called worse by better . dont need luck . man u hate that list u hate to c my livestock list for my 75gal sps reef . i will save u the heart attack and not put it. cause i dont know what im doing. just ask the people that know me and seen my tanks . they will tell u that im a idiot . wait no they wont a$$hol3 maybe hmm

Herbie

Banned
OK, back to the OP's poll. Different approaches are not always right or wrong, just different. Let's stay reefy about it though :)

I agree. I think the minimum suggested tank sizes on LA/DD and similiar sites are for adult sized fish. There's no need for a 1" tang to have 180 gallons of water. If the fish has enough space to roam and is a juvenile, I think it's fine. Eventually the fish will grow and we would hope the fish would be rehomed to a larger tank. Then you can go buy another fish and try your luck with learning and keeping a new fish you've never had. That's what I do.

madjoe

Premium member
OK, back to the OP's poll. Different approaches are not always right or wrong, just different. Let's stay reefy about it though :)
hey i was just posting what i had in my tank. i was being nice till somebody had to make a comment . i wasnt even telling him he should put that in his tank was just sharing with a fella reefer

Everyone is always on the watch for the tang police. Everyone remain calm and enjoy your tank.

If he's getting baby fish, a 90 is perfectly fine for the time being. What other fish are you considering if one or two of the above fish are not available? What kind of filtration is going on this badboy??

Triggerdood

But it's ok Joe, cause he started out by saying "no offense" lol. I push the envelope all the time in my tanks. I can only imagine what people would say about mine.

dohc97

voted for the first list. Im with joe on what he said. My opinion is none of us own an ocean so most likely we all have inadequate homes for our fish. different approaches to the same reef yield the same results sometimes. go look at some of the japanese tanks on youtube and you will find that the thing over there is overcrowding tanks. personally if my fish is happy and acts ok i just let them be, if i buy a fish and it acts like its in a prison cell it gets moved on rather quickly. Im one of the crazy ones who try tangs and angels in tanks smaller than suggested but as walt does i try babies or tiny juvies.

madjoe

Premium member
But it's ok Joe, cause he started out by saying "no offense" lol. I push the envelope all the time in my tanks. I can only imagine what people would say about mine.
yea i know i can be a jerk some times . honestly no hard feeling hell if he want he can come by check out tanks and have a beer leave with some corals . everybody that knows me personally knows im nice guy most the time lol any way if he still thinks im ignorant after that well every one has oppion oh and danny the op sorry for side tracking let me know if u want frags on me free just to apolagize for the side track .

MrDemonicAngel

oh boy..ok from the current votes and what pufferpunk said....i guess the dogface is out of the question...thanks everyone for feedback...and yes I do plan on picking up baby tangs 1" or smaller (if they have smaller)

yogoshio

There are quite a few that can live in a 90 gallon. Just like with tangs, as long as they're small enough they'll be fine. The spotband lists 90 as its own.

Most are good in a 90 gallon for quite a long time.