93 cube set up and stand rehab

Burntrack

Big cubes are nice tanks when full without taking up too much floor. What livestock are you going with?
I have two Cardinal fish and two snowflake clowns. Also a serpent star. I have an assortment of different corals, Duncan's and torches being my favorites. I plan to get an elegance coral and some school fish. Maybe chromas.

Oh yeah, I been more Kenya trees too lol. I love those things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedDevil.258

Great job on the rehab. 93 cubes have a lot of potential, but the stand is horrible. It has such tight access to get to your equipment. I wish there was a safe way to remove the panel and reinforce the frame. Then just use the panels as a facade.

Burntrack

Great job on the rehab. 93 cubes have a lot of potential, but the stand is horrible. It has such tight access to get to your equipment. I wish there was a safe way to remove the panel and reinforce the frame. Then just use the panels as a facade.

I thought about taking on that task. But honestly I think reinforcement after taking the panel out would only make it tighter. I would probably only gain 2 inches of vertical space. I stopped building my 20 long as a refugium after measuring and realizing it wouldn't fit last night

RedDevil.258

I thought about taking on that task. But honestly I think reinforcement after taking the panel out would only make it tighter. I would probably only gain 2 inches of vertical space. I stopped building my 20 long as a refugium after measuring and realizing it wouldn't fit last night

What do you think about just cutting access panels out? Leaving the overall load bearing structure alone. Honestly it might just be better DIY'ing a new stand.

Burntrack

I'm probably just going to leave it be and find a sump that will fit under there as is. Considering a 20 high and put a refugium kit in it

Burntrack

Finally had time to get the plumbing roughed in. I just have to bind it all up. Also painted the back glass panel black.

JLee1469

Looks good so far! What sump did you go with? I just picked up a used 93g cube as well and planning it out.