Acropora and Bayer Complete

labas39

Last Saturday, I posted to a [MENTION=764]Reefwise[/MENTION] thread that I picked up an awesome gold acro frag.

I went through my usual routine of acclimating it then inspecting it with a jeweler's loupe to look for bite marks, hitchhikers or eggs. So far so good, everything was good.

I then made my favorite concentration of Bayer Complete, 20 mls per cup of tank water. I then typically set my alarm for 15 minutes and dip the frag.

Well, I forgot to set my alarm and over three hours later, I remembered about the frag. Since I do this in the basement, the temp of the dip was 65 degrees.

Without any acclimation, I put the frag directly in my tank and hoped for the best.

Now 5 days later, the frag never lost its color and even though some skin died at the base, I'm amazed that it has polyp extension.

Knock on wood but I can still say that I've never lost a coral to a Bayer dip.

So, if you're afraid to dip, don't be.

If you buy a nicely colored frag from someone and it arrives brown but they tell you it browned from shipping, tell them to quit the B.S.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Glad it worked out for you ! Bayer is the best dip and it's so cheap compared to other "coral" dips. I do have a confession: I don't even measure the ratio of Bayer to water. I mix it with some tank water until it looks like skim milk. lol

anarchy

I've 100% bayer dipped acros before. Lost some skin but it lived

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thats great to know. Been using bayer for about 2 years with no issues. I just received my acro order from Cornbread which was supposed to be delivered by fedex yesterday but it showed up today 24 hrs late, thanks fedex. Anyways everything is still colorful as can be, acclimating now in 5 gallon bucket with a heater and powerhead. Will be dipping with bayer in about an hour. I bought 16 frags and got a freebie from Cornbread, he's even gonna send some more frags for free cause of the inconvenience. Awesome customer service on Cornbreds end.