Acrylic

98silverado

Anyone know where I can order some acrylic sheets? I'm looking to build my own all in one drop off tank.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mr. Thingdoer

Before you order, check online for a local acrylic fabricator. There's a few near me that sell acrylic cut-offs for really cheap. The one I usually go to also sells Weld On products.

98silverado

Before you order, check online for a local acrylic fabricator. There's a few near me that sell acrylic cut-offs for really cheap. The one I usually go to also sells Weld On products.
Where at? I'm probably going to need about 56" by 12" to do everything

Mr. Thingdoer

I go to Peterson Brothers plastics, but that's in Chicago. I have no idea who your local fabricators are, but I'd try to find one there.
If you're looking for a distributor, you can try Laird Plastics, or Tap Plastics.
I don't know if you already knew this, but I'd also highly recommend getting cell cast, instead of extruded acrylic, even though it's more expensive. Black is also less expensive than clear.

98silverado

I go to Peterson Brothers plastics, but that's in Chicago. I have no idea who your local fabricators are, but I'd try to find one there.
If you're looking for a distributor, you can try Laird Plastics, or Tap Plastics.
I don't know if you already knew this, but I'd also highly recommend getting cell cast, instead of extruded acrylic, even though it's more expensive. Black is also less expensive than clear.
I work in the city on Elston and division basically. I might have 4o check them out and yeah I definitely want black

98silverado

What thickness would you suggest?

Mr. Thingdoer

How big of a tank?
I would use a minimum of 3/8" for up to 24" long.
Any bigger than that, and you'll probably want to go 1/2" or thicker.
You may need to euro brace it, depending on height.

98silverado

How big of a tank?
I would use a minimum of 3/8" for up to 24" long.
Any bigger than that, and you'll probably want to go 1/2" or thicker.
You may need to euro brace it, depending on height.
Oh no I have a 20 high that I'm using as a starting point and making all th3 baffles myself. I don't trust myself to make a whole tank lmao. So I just n33d a good thickness for making all the stuff in the tank