Advice on lighting

LatinoHeat

I'm starting up a 40gal breeder tank. I'm trying to keep my lights under $500. I may be flexible with the budget but not looking to drop a stack on lighting. I'm looking into getting T5's or a T5 Hybrid.

What do you guys recommend? I want to be able to grow anything under the sun except hair algae. 😁:)

Pawel

Premium member
You can use one Ocean Revive T247. It has real good spread of light and it will make your corals grow. You can buy them for under $200. One of my friends was really successful with that light on his 40g breeder.

LatinoHeat

That's awesome! I'm not opposed to spending the money but I know there has to be other options besides throwing a G around.
Do you know how high he had the lights?

Reefaholic

Premium member
I run a AI Hidra 26Hd with no problem. You can control each setting through the App on your phone. You can customize your day/night cycle to any intensity you like. As well as acclimation mode, lunar, and weather mode. I’m a fan of the Aqua Illumination line.

Pawel

Premium member
That's awesome! I'm not opposed to spending the money but I know there has to be other options besides throwing a G around.
Do you know how high he had the lights?
About 12-16 inches above water level. They come with tank brackets and ceiling mount.

LatinoHeat

Thanks for the advice guys. I strictly only wanted t5 but you guys are making a hard case for led fixtures.