Aiptasia help

Cub21rak

So I'm having an issue with having aiptasia. I've had pepermint shrimp before that have taken care of them. But right now I have 2 triggers and I'd be afraid they would eat a shrimp. Although I may end up trying. Wonder what others have done to get rid of them. I've tried aiptasiaX which works then they come back. I was thinking of trying a fish to eat them then getting rid of the fish because I think all fish that will eat them are also not reef safe fish. Suggests? Type of fish should I try then sell once aiptasia is gone?

aregen120

Like jay said the file fish. Works great but soon as the aiptasia r gone take the fish out. If u have zoas.

Berghaii Nudibranches
I had aiptasia when i first started and after added just 2 berghaii i have never seen an aiptasia again.
I have seen wrasse eat them, the breeder says they don't but its all bull. So just take all the wrasse out. I use just 2 and they when to town and i gave a bunch away.

ghostman

I have a matted filefish that wiped out my aiptasia problem a year ago. So far he is still doing well and hasn't touched my zoos. He eats pellets and rods food for me. I must have gotten lucky with him.

Crued

This works best on larger ones and of course a large carpeting of smaller ones would be much harder to deal with. Get a large diameter syringe and some liquid calcium. Stick those f'ers with it and pump em full of the calcium. They should die and stay dead.

dinesdylan

My two peppermint a cleaned mine right up but idk with those triggers, they might eat them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svb57

Matted Filefish

I have one in each of my tanks and they ate what was there and after that have eaten what ever I feed the rest of the tank and never have bothered the Zoa's

Tangency

Berghaii Nudibranches
I had aiptasia when i first started and after added just 2 berghaii i have never seen an aiptasia again.
I have seen wrasse eat them, the breeder says they don't but its all bull. So just take all the wrasse out. I use just 2 and they when to town and i gave a bunch away.
I used this method also w/ the same results.