Algae turf scrubbers & sump

bjg21

Does anyone use an algae turf scrubber? I am in the process of redoing my filtration system from and old wet/ dry and a to small skimmer to a sump system. I got a deal on a reef octopus 200 skimmer and it won't fit in my current set up so I'm redoing it all. Any suggestions? I am currently looking for a good size sump that is no wider than 14". I have a 125 gallon tank what is most people using in regards to size for a sump?

Thanks for the input.

wld1783

When it comes to sumps size matters...

I'm using a 150 gal tub and thinking about adding an algae scrubber lit with Cree 450nm Royal Blue as this optimizes the PAR per Watt.

Later I might experiment with a few 660nm Red to see if there is any change in growth.

Cheers

Bill

skunkmere

i ran a turf scrubber and it works. the only problem was the salt spray and trickle noise. but i used it with a skimmer.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
They work great once you get it set right!!! Some have results right away and others in time.. This will be the model I will be aiming for.. It's recommend to have lights on both sides but some have had great results with one. Once it works for me I will upgrade to LED'S, no point on going all at 1st.

Note: From what I have read 1 square inch per gallon is best so a 12"x12" sheet (144 square inches)*

Last edited: