Am I crazy? Two MP40's in 60g cube?

FishBeard

So right now I have an MP40wES on the left side glass, and an MP20 on the back glass right side of the overflow in my Marineland 60g cube. I have the MP20 dialed down to about 50-60% in reef crest mode, and the MP40 around 70-80% in Ecosmart Nutrient mode. I'm anticipating upgrading the MP20 to an MP40wES so I can run the pumps in Nutrient mode anti-sync, both around 60-70%. My gold rimmed tang couldnt be happier, surfing the gyre created between the 2 pumps. Anyone think I will tear the seams apart on the tank with my plan? I figure holiday bonus time, and tax return around the corner I might as well take advantage now, and Ill have the 2 pumps for later when I upgrade tank size. I was going to just replace the 20 with an MP10wES, but figure I can always just dial down the 2nd pump. This is an SPS dominant tank, with substrate. So, does anyone think I am crazy to put this much flow into my tank?

FishBeard

It's tons of flow,I still feel bad for the tang in a tiny 2ft cage.
Thanks for the concern, the tang is still really small. It had plenty of room in the 14 gallon biocube i had it QT'd in. I'll most likely have a larger tank before he outgrows his comfort in the cube, and if not, he will go to a more appropriate home at that time.

MMreef

You will be fine,especially that you keep them dialed down ,not at 100%.I recently added two Tunze 6055 to my existing 2 MP40 going at full power.

Renegade Reefer

I use a Mp40 on my small 40 gallon reef and it has to be turned down all the way or everything gets blown around like a hurricane in there.

FishBeard

Woohoo! Tomorrow's the big day. Be rockin twin 40's in ecosmart mode! Might be time to go barebottom in the cube!