Amino!!!

Lil BamBam

Premium member
When should you use amino? I totally understand ULNS would use this product but I feel this is a waste of money for other systems.. What to hear what others have to say!!!! It seems like LFS are pushing this product hard to noob’s and thought this might help a few down the road

Also does this cause levels to go crazy and the start of hair alage? Can you over dose? Any bad or good experiences will be great

SkullV

I don't have an ULNS, but I will say that polyp extension and color is greatly increased after I started using Acropower. I'm going to discontinue using it for a couple weeks after my move though, so I'll let you know if anything changes.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
I don't have an ULNS, but I will say that polyp extension and color is greatly increased after I started using Acropower. I'm going to discontinue using it for a couple weeks after my move though, so I'll let you know if anything changes.
That will be great!! Did you notice any spike in NO3 or phosphate when you started to use it? Anything you noticed changed, like skimmer producing more?

Last edited:

ColaAddict

I've heard people complain of algae after starting amino, but don't hear it as much with acropower. I heard from the national forums, acropower doesn't have much phos/nitrate stuff in it.
The best time to start amino (especially the ones that will cause algae spike) is once you have a UNLS system already. If you already have a high nutrient system, then I heard it's a waste of money and will cause algae spike, since you already have enough nutrients/food in your system.

madjoe

Premium member
I dont test crap but since using acro power for few weeks color and polyp extension has been wicked havent had alage issues skimmer seems same

Lil BamBam

Premium member
I've heard people complain of algae after starting amino, but don't hear it as much with acropower. I heard from the national forums, acropower doesn't have much phos/nitrate stuff in it.
The best time to start amino (especially the ones that will cause algae spike) is once you have a UNLS system already. If you already have a high nutrient system, then I heard it's a waste of money and will cause algae spike, since you already have enough nutrients/food in your system.
That's what I was thinking!! Trying to explain this to the beginners is a task.... If articles aren't written they can care less about your experience..lol!!!

I dont test crap but since using acro power for few weeks color and polyp extension has been wicked havent had alage issues skimmer seems same
Joe, you don't need it! You always had great PE and corals looked colorful or was that the vodka making me see things : p

mikenh77

I definitely had some algae problems and cyano blooms after dosing amino acids (Acropower!). Love this stuff though, I had to find the sweet spot where it didn't have any algae blooms and the sps still had benefit. Every tank is different, some need more, some need less.

Bowhunter4250

Ive been using acro power now for 3 weeks today , i must say that for my system , ive noticed a huge difference in polyp extension , not so much in better color tho for me ? But no noticeable difference in no3 or po4 ? I have a about 250 gal. T.v
and im dosing 7 ml a day not sure if i should increase more to see if i get better colors ?

imranh

Tried Seachem reef complete (vitamin and amino) and instantly noticed algae every time I used it. With Acropower, no algae but did noticed a drop in Alk which a few people have told me as well. Dosing 1ml of Acro a day in 40gal system.

Enjoy.

SkullV

Oooh, forgot about this thread. I do believe that the color and polyp extension of my SPS was BETTER when using AcroPower than now (since I have stopped). I'm going to start using it again tonight so they have a few days with it before I change something again and add biopellets.

cet98

tried SeaChem Fuel and had a massive HA outbreak....guess I didn't have an ULNS...so no mo Amino dosin' for me....

started running BPs and thankfully solved me HA issues....but I'm not comfortable enough to try again....

oh...and my "extension"?......no problemo.....its muy bien ;)

madjoe

Premium member
Still useing 2ml a day on my 75 gal corals r still bling bling baby. No algae diatoms or anything bad alk still stabile tank is running the same juat better color and pe. My system is definitly not a ulns

Bowhunter4250

still useing 2ml a day on my 75 gal corals r still bling bling baby. No algae diatoms or anything bad alk still stabile tank is running the same juat better color and pe. My system is definitly not a ulns
your stuff looked awesome ! Yes i am jealous of the coloration and growth of your tank ! Those 2 frags are doing great ! Nice and hairy with bright blue tips !