An amazing trip

Geo

Hello guys I am starting this thread to introduce you to my new reef adventures. I started the hobby in October last year and I must say that this is something that test/testing my imagination on a daily basis.

Tank specs:

45g 24x24x19
40+ lbs of LR
40+ lbs of LS
SeaClone 100 Skimmer (started working great a few hours after installed. Kind of noisy though but it should be ok as soon as I get my sump up and running)
AquaticLife T5 1x10K 1X Actinic (Will upgrade in the future when the budget allows it)
API Nexx canister filter (modified inside with more LR and active carbon,maybe I will turn it into a reactor later on)

Here are some photos that I took tonight and hopefully I will be able to update the thread as these babies grow :)

Some of the photos where not good enough so I will have to re-take them.

A huge thank you to Andy for the awesome xenias and mushrooms that donated and also to Ben for the nice sps I picked up from him today!

More photos coming soon (when the rest of my livestock is actually awake :p

Geo

I created a mini hospital for my candy cane. It was not doing so well so I isolated it from tank disturbances and helps me target feed it. I have a thread for it in the corals talk forum.

fwadiver

probably not necessary for a candy cane, they are super hardy, mine completely died then came back 3 months later just by leaving the skeleton in the tank. (must have been a tiny polyp left)

Geo

probably not necessary for a candy cane, they are super hardy, mine completely died then came back 3 months later just by leaving the skeleton in the tank. (must have been a tiny polyp left)
I just wanted to give it a fighting chance :)

Funlad3

Told you that making a thread wouldn't be that hard! Great placement of the scape by the way; I love how you left so much room open at the back. :)

Hopefully everything does well for you, and if you have any questions or need something, we'll be here! :D

Geo

Told you that making a thread wouldn't be that hard! Great placement of the scape by the way; I love how you left so much room open at the back. :)

Hopefully everything does well for you, and if you have any questions or need something, we'll be here! :D
Thanks Ben! The sps are doing fine so far and I can't wait for them to grow

frostyjay1

I love the rock work. but I would relocate that xenia. it can become a problem in the future. also best of luck with the clarkii. ask around about Godzilla. LOL either way, looks great best of luck

tinman

not about the name but you better take care of them while you can .. they spread and pop new ones too fast you will run out of real estate too soon