Anenome feeding

amv9107

Just wondering how often everyone feeds their anenomes, I know the clowns should somewhat be taking care of it, but I did feed it a chunk of krill twice last week & just wondering if thats about where I should be.

jm23

I am new to the anemone scene (a few months now), but I usually pour my fish food in by the anemones a few times a week so they get first dibs and then the fish get everything they miss. Mine look healthy and colorful, not sure if they would look better if I fed silversides or some other food. If you feed them too much they will spit everything out, so just make sure you aren't doing that. Otherwise if yours look healthy I wouldn't worry about it.

amv9107

Yeah it looks healthy & seems to be doing pretty good, the clowns are in it constantly, & the 2 times I gave it the krill it took it & ate it pretty quick. I just know i've had people tell me feed it krill 2 or 3 times a week so just trying to get a few thoughts.

Pufferpunk

Mine loves earthworms! I also feed krill, pieces of shrimp & I'm sure it catches the live blackworms I feed to the tank. Everything gets soaked in Selcon & vita-Chem.

Herbie

Banned
Mine loves earthworms! I also feed krill, pieces of shrimp & I'm sure it catches the live blackworms I feed to the tank. Everything gets soaked in Selcon & vita-Chem.
woah, what are the earthworms eating before they go in the tank? That's interesting, but I pay too much for RODI filters to be putting worms with a gutload of fertilizer in my tank.

I feed my nems less than once a week, but my clowns feed them all the time.

Jep21

in my 40breeder i feed my GBTA and rock flower nem about 3 times a week of brine and pe mysis shrimp.. i target feed them..

in my nuvo 4 i'll just be doing feedings of 1 per week of pe mysis or brine..

but u can get away with not feeding ur nem.. he'll just feed off the tank..

Jep21

yeah the earth worms are a little unique. i would just stick to pe mysis, brine, krill and dipping it in selcon

Pufferpunk

They are farmed worms I buy at Walmart. Even the ones I find in my backyard, have no fertilizer in them (other than fishtank water ;) )

woah, what are the earthworms eating before they go in the tank? That's interesting, but I pay too much for RODI filters to be putting worms with a gutload of fertilizer in my tank.

Joe5688

I used to feed mine small bits of raw shrimp. I have a bag in the freezer cut up into small bits and i'd target feed them. They grew very fast lol

Pufferpunk

I thought I lost that nem. Got it from Happy Corals at 2", then it disappeared for months. One day, I saw a tiny nem about 1/2". It hadn't died after all! That was about 6 months ago. Now, it's about 5" across.

Herbie

Banned
They are farmed worms I buy at Walmart. Even the ones I find in my backyard, have no fertilizer in them (other than fishtank water ;) )
dirt is dirt, but I'm not questioning your methods. I love the unorthodox stuff, but you do have pretty consistent algae issues, don't you? Perhaps the terrestrial creatures are bringing more into the tank than you suspect. :spy: Regardless of how organically farmed and manicured the worms are, they still have a belly full of dirt. In a game of tds in the single digits, dirt isn't part of the menu in my tank. It's a cool idea though and I would love to see a video of that. Blood worms give me the herbie-jeebies. . .

Pufferpunk

LO, I don't even rinse the dirt off the worms, just shake them off a bit. 1 worm-dirt in a 90g, ain't gonna hurt nothing.

0 algae in any of my 7 tanks.