Angelfish with cloudy eye/popeye.. please help

carpetreef75

Premium member
Angelfish with cloudy eye/popeye.. please help

Ive got a Large Blue Ring Angel that has developed a cloudy eye and it is slightly enlarged but not enormous. He eats like a champ and it doesn't appear to be affecting him very much but I'm concerned. I was going to net him and put him in a 5 gallon bucket with melafix and an air stone for 5 to 7 mins ..any thoughts
Bryan

carpetreef75

Premium member
also all the other Angels & Tangs are just fine dont know if 1 of the Bully Red Seas may have fought with him or he bumped it on some of the 500 lbs of rock in tank
thnx in advance Bryan

#theMatrix

......ive heard a needle and aspirating will give immediate relief and the eye may be saved with popeye. Is it just cloudy or actually popping out?

If cloudy it may be flukes if you look closely you can even see the lil things.

My wrasse developed popeye from jumping out of the tank and landing on dry fuzz behind the tank. It lost that eye a week later.

carpetreef75

Premium member
......ive heard a needle and aspirating will give immediate relief and the eye may be saved with popeye. Is it just cloudy or actually popping out?

If cloudy it may be flukes if you look closely you can even see the lil things.

My wrasse developed popeye from jumping out of the tank and landing on dry fuzz behind the tank. It lost that eye a week later.
I would say its more just cloudy , it was white as snow a week ago and he was having a hard time finding /seeing food so i hand fed him cocktail shrimp & seaweed and added Epsom salt to the tank 2 doses and a water change to bring mag back down and helped a bunch he eats like a piggie but i dont want him to lose his eye . i have heard melafix, revive fish dip , but happen to have melafix in the basement
Bryan

madjoe

Premium member
Look at the eye really good every angel i had that got cloudy eye was from flukes that got in da eye if u look hard u can actually see them in the eye and moving