Announcing Frag club

scotty

This. Is. Frag club.

First rule, you don't talk about frag club.
Second rule, you don't talk about frag club.

Wanna announce a cool venture designed around vendor and supporter relations. Those scary banners on the bottom of the screen. yup those guys.

The idea is a 6 month contract period in which we get a colony from said Vendor, frag it at said time, for the group.

The way this will be run:

First Friday of the month, an automatic PP gift will be put into my PP account by all participants. That next Monday we will be billed by said vendor for the agreed upon monthly price for the colony they have selected.

An agreed time we will have a frag party, sometime during a weekend of our choosing after I have received the Colony at which time we will frag the colony as a group and have some eats, watch a movie or something in my sweet theater room. (hence the club name) If that's not your thing, or you are an introvert, totally understand, but the colony will be fragged and taken home, so you kinda get last dibs on a coral.

Now onto specifics:

Participants:

- You need to have PP account to participate. This is the best way we can ensure everyone pays not only on time, but that our vendor can depend on a regular pay time and run his/her business. There will be an automatic gift sent the first Friday of the month, and if that isn't logistically possible the first of the month.
- This will be an agreed upon FLAT rate. Depending on the amount of people involved it can change from period to period. (more make it cheaper)
-If anyone would like to join after the contract has been accepted. They can after the first month, however they will have to pay 75% of any previous months prorated. Either that or wait for the 6 month period to expire and join at that time. If there is a lot of people join after to considerably change the bracket of quality of coral, we will then have an even better coral than anticipated. The goal is to spend 100% of the money every month.
- This club is open to all accounts on Chicago Reefs.
- Once a month, you pay a flat rate to get an exciting coral.
- It is absolutely never ok to bring any problems to the vendor at any time. Doing so will put you in breach of contract, in which case your remainder bill will have to be paid in full, and you will be excluded from any future periods. Any issue is to be brought to me, and I will liaison with said vendor. ( I cannot stress this enough, any headaches I need to deal with for them)
- When you agree to the frag club, you are agreeing to all 6 months of frags. (that's 6 corals) If at any time something needs to happen that would warrant dismissal from the club, you will need to pay out the remainder, so please do not join in the hopes you can get a couple steals and bounce. (one off situations happen, and we will cross that bridge when we have to)
- Everyone will sign a contract with frag club, and have proof of identity (license/state issue ID), this is for the safety of my family. Not negotiable.

Vendor:

- They have complete discretion on which coral they choose, based on seasonality and availability under the impression that suggestions be taken from the group about what they would like to see.
- They will provide the maximum quality coral colony based on the agreed value. Obviously you can't get Jason Fox Lineage coral for 50 bucks. Let's be real here folks.
- The risk/reward is part of the allure of the club. The only people that will know which coral will be a part of the club will be myself and the vendor, as they will decide the coral a month in advance. You are buying in for them to wow you.
- In the 5th month of a period, It will be discussed either to keep the vendor for another period, or begin looking for a new vendor, and that decision will be brought to the vendor. Also at this time the club will be open to those wishing to join for the next period, so that we have a seamless process.

Scotty:

-I will liaison between the group and the vendors.
-I will pay the full amount monthly to the vendor
-I will have everyone over for a sweet meal monthly and frag the coral in front of everyone (if someone is great at fragging, I'm not that much of a micro manager to think I need to be the guy fragging)
-I will keep records of the participants on paper, not on computer where someone can get ahold of it. It is going to sit in a locked file cabinet in my basement.
- I will ensure we get the highest quality coral value for our money.

That is the preliminary terms, If I have missed anything that was discussed, please PM me the changes and I will update this thread. An official thread will be built once we have space.

The money will be terms discussed at a later date with the vendor, It is all dependent on how many people we can get.

If you are interested, this is where you tell me!
and go.

scotty

for all purposes, the 50-75 market for the first group is probably the best area to shoot for. again we are still talking about price, and where exactly we are going as far as coral.

scotty

if you notice, i took out the sale restrictions for that reason. (edit, you wouldn't know that so yes, there were sale restrictions to protect the groups deal, not there to help with the anonymity)

Joe5688

Just curious as to how many people your expecting? I would assume 5-10 but say 10 people that would have to be a pretty decentcolony to make 10 frags from.

I may be interested.

scotty

we are shooting for as big as possible. I WOULD LOVE to have to have the problem of having the colony too small and having to get 2 colonies.

we are still talking about pricing like i said earlier. once i have a very good idea of a median number, Ill know the endgoal number we have to divvy up.

scotty

Krocky. Because you are a minor and you decide to join one of your parents need to come with you broseph. And tell that dad to get with it its 2012.

yogoshio

Things like this make me miss having a reef :( But I must say, for as much work as this move is going to be, I'm glad I got rid of it, lol.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with Scotty!

scotty

As most know now. Wcr is going to be our first vendor! So if you were on the fence about quality of coral look no farther than their website!

scotty

because of lack of interest, we're gonna have to rehab the design a little, bear with me, but couple things.

Cost is going to be in the 20-30 mark, and groups will be around 10 people. Once I have 10 people, we will start.

I'm going to open up the type of coral both based on availability first and a vote.

More to come as we get this going!