Another Dr. Tims thread

frostyjay1

Ok so now my tank is being filled this coming week, and I plan to use Dr. Tims along with some seeded live rock. It says that you should put in fish almost right away to keep the bacteria alive. But what about coral? I can't catch the fish til the coral are out. So is it safe to just move everything over the next day, or wait how long? Any input would be great

ColaAddict

There is not enough bacteria in Dr tims to support a full reef. You will still get an ammonia reading with even a few fish, but fish can handle that better than corals. Your corals will die with ammonia spike.

richiet

My ammonia spike never got above 0.5 ppm. I waited a week before I put zoas and a bta in the tank. They were happy then and still alive and kicking now. I wouldn't throw everything in at once though. My spike might not be what your spike will be. You don't have to use fish for ammonia source. You can just dose ammonia

latinreefer

I used Dr Tims last week on my new build and I used ammonia and no fish to jump start my tank with live rock from my previous tank. Ammonia drops works just as good as fish pooh.
GL

Joe5688

I wouldn't put the coral in right away. Let ur param's become more stable first.

I used Dr. Tims on my dads tank w/ all dry rock. Just put a piece of shrimp in for a week after dumping the bottle in and a week later started throwing fish in