Any archery hunters on here in IllinOis?

Joe5688

Any of you guys archery hunt Illinois? I've been trying to go this year and I've had a guy who's told me he's going to take me out (it's my first year) and has bailed on my 2 times now. I really want to get into hunting but I need someone with experience to teach me lol. Anyone out three looking for a hunting buddy? Lol

Monty06

Welcome to the most difficult part of the hunt in Northern Illinois Joe.....finding land to hunt on. I was fortunate enough this year to get a little piece of land in Manhattan IL just south east of the Joliet arsenal. I'd invite you out but I'm literally like fourth tier hunter HA HA. Its my brothers, father in laws, friends land. Only my second year with bow, so I don't know how much I could teach you, but for the last 10 years I have been doing shotgun down in Shawnee, which is an awesome public forest preserve in the most southern tip of Illinois, that's worth checking out if you do shotgun season, we make a nice weekend hunt out of it . There are closer public hunting grounds in Illinois. Though I have never been, my brother used to hunt at Midewin in Joliet which isn't a bad spot, check it out on google. But anyhow, here's a nice 10 pointer I've been seeing near my stand, hopefully we run into eachother

View attachment 18603

If not I'll settle for his little brother the 8 pointer

View attachment 18604

Top Water

If your not related your stuck buying a lease or buying your own land . Hunters don't share if they have a good public land spot. On top of that you need special permits and additional rules.
The cost of the hobby in time and money is worse than Reefing for me . Scouting ,checking trail camera , setting tree stands , cutting shooting lanes and all accessories . Arrows , targets , range finders , broadheads , chainsaw , 4 wheeler and trailer start to add up.
Shot this last week .

Last edited: