Any gear heads on CR?

CoralPharmD

I just moved to the Lombard area in August and I enjoy reading everyone posts related to the hobby. I was just wondering if any of you also like cars, trucks, engines or anything that rumbles down the road.

I personally am into Ford trucks. I own a 1978 Ford F250 with a 540 horse 472ci motor. Me and my father started rebuilding the truck from the ground up two years ago and soon are going to be finished with it. I also was on a truck pulling team (1967 F350 940 Horse motor) in Wisconsin before I moved here and am really hoping that somewhere close there will be some that I am able to attend this summer.

So lets so some projects that you may have or just something that you would want to build/rebuild.

I will start. Here are a few photos of my truck...

This is the day it was dropped off at our house. All the way from rust free AZ.
View attachment 10070

Got the whole truck apart, all the way to the frame and had it sandblasted.
View attachment 10071

Painted frame black and put in 4 inch lift with a set of old 35 inch tires.
View attachment 10072

C6 Transmission rebuild. Took a couple of days and a lot of learning but it should be good for about 750HP now.
View attachment 10073

and the 540HP Big Block Ford powerplant that me and my dad put together and put on a dyno.
View attachment 10074

steveo9043

Very nice! Sycamore speedway and Joliet speedway should have a few things you would be interested in.

I'm into cars. I currently have a 2012 45th anniversary Camaro SS.

View attachment 10075

Currently have a CAI and cat back exhaust. Was planning on doing a cam, stall and headers this winter but the salt water aquarium bug bit me.

CoralPharmD

Very nice! Sycamore speedway and Joliet speedway should have a few things you would be interested in.

I'm into cars. I currently have a 2012 45th anniversary Camaro SS.

View attachment 10075

Currently have a CAI and cat back exhaust. Was planning on doing a cam, stall and headers this winter but the salt water aquarium bug bit me.
Nice car man! I would love to have a new mustang or something. I heard that the cam changes on the LS motors is fairly simple. The dyno guy that dynoed my motor works at a engine builder that builds a lot of chevy stuff and he said they changed the cam in an LS motor in under 10 minutes. How big of primaries on the headers do you want to go? I have 2 inch primaries to a 4 inch collector made by mad dog on my BBF.

capysolo

I love cars and trucks. Currently just getting my Excursion in better shape. Once I get my house, I will be building a nice garage/shop, and then hunting down my dream car. 1970 Chevelle. I'd also love to get a military M35 deuce and a half...

madjoe

Premium member
thats a sexy motor use to build mustangs but havent been into the car hobby for a while beside keeping my 2 blazers running at 200 k each

Nxt

1989 Jeep Cherokee =)

6inch long arm
Chrysler 8.25 swapped

Interior is gutted, just finished MonstaLining the floor. Got to put it all back and start some engine work. I6 WITH 202K on her. GREAT MOTOR

2001 Dakota Swapping in 5.7L Hemi with Comp Cam XFI. Few other things :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dohc97

I love cars and trucks. Currently just getting my Excursion in better shape. Once I get my house, I will be building a nice garage/shop, and then hunting down my dream car. 1970 Chevelle. I'd also love to get a military M35 deuce and a half...
I owned your dream car. Had a 70 chevelle but only the 396 in it. I'm a grease monkey for a living

Joe5688

I'm into cars a little.

'92 240 drift car (actual race car, not a i spin in rain drift car lol)
Fully built motor, bored .020 over, turbo, cage, all the goodies

'67 mustang coupe. Never ending project car lol

helitaiwan963

I love my subie. And currently building a 74 kawasaki kz400 hardtail bobber :)

It's just Daily driver status now though :(... headers, catback, coilovers, f/r sway bars, f/r strut bars, new poly bushings all over. Auto-x'd it for awhile. (rear camber has been fixed now)

The bobber for now... More bratstyle at this point... but It's hardtailed now... got a 21" front wheel waiting to install for it, and some biltwell zbars, and new avon rear tire. Then gotta relocate the battery for a cleaner look

Have this tail light for it too I need to install.Saw it, had to have it, So i got it. Hope the cops don't mind...LOL

Together! Both really dirty...

Joe5688

Should also mention me and Jose are resident cr grease monkeys. Any questions feel free to ask.

hockieplaya15

2006 evolution MR. Just some boltons has 425awhp and will be well over 500awhp and running e85 by spring time and yes its my daily driver.

steveo9043

Nice car man! I would love to have a new mustang or something. I heard that the cam changes on the LS motors is fairly simple. The dyno guy that dynoed my motor works at a engine builder that builds a lot of chevy stuff and he said they changed the cam in an LS motor in under 10 minutes. How big of primaries on the headers do you want to go? I have 2 inch primaries to a 4 inch collector made by mad dog on my BBF.
Cam changes are fairly simple with the motor pulled. I will have to decide between pulling the motor or pulling off the front end.

I think I'm going to go with 1 7/8 long tubes or try y's from Doug Thorley. Had the try y's on my g8 gt and loved them.

steveo9043

I think the guy with the car wash (sorry don't remember your name) should host a car show / tank show off this spring!

CoralPharmD

Ewwww mustangs!!!! Lol Jk

My brother in law is a mustang fan.

2011 mustang GT
View attachment 10084
Family feud
View attachment 10086
Where he belongs!
View attachment 10087

My uncles 82 corvette and my Camaro at downers grove cruise nights.
View attachment 10088

82 corvette was a 350 with a crossfire injections. Now it's a carbureted 383 with a large cam and 410 gears.

What can I say, I'm a Ford guy. But I like to look at old and new muscle. Anyone into diesels? When I graduate from pharmacy school a F350 diesel is going to be my first big purchase and its going to smoke black! haha