Any sps fanatics out there!?

Smitty

Premium member
I don't have much luck with sps's...they usually die on my no matter how hard I try to keep the easiest ones. I currently have a yellow potato chip pavona and a gold tip clavularia in my tank. Those are the only sps's that has lived for me. Gonna try monti caps again soon.

misenplace101

I am crazy about sps... I'm still learning about them but love the colors, the way they look and grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pufferpunk

I do love my Monti danaes! Here are a couple pics:

Sunset

Superman

I also have Rainbow & Morningstar. I don't do well with colored sticks though.

fastrc

I have about everything mixed in my displays, The range is so spread hard to keep track of names.Thinking of setting up a sps tank only to move some from my displays i have already. My anemones are so large there taking up alot of room and clowns just luv them.I haven't had much movement out of them because they seem happy.

xtlosx

I have tried to keep SPS in the past, they just bleached, and died eventually... Although, that was with my smaller tank, haven't tried in the 36G yet.... The new LED fixture should help a bit more with keeping the high light stuff, right now my tank is LPS heaven :)

I'm a sucker, for LPS!

bluemike81

SPS junkie here. I love them even more since the switch to leds. They were doing alright before under the halides, but the colors were ehh. Since the switch not too long ago everything is starting to show some awesome colors that I had never seen before. Time will still tell with the growth though. Especially now that I have a whole frag tank of new pieces from the swap. I'll really be able to notice what kind of growth im getting.

EyeReef

SPS junkie here. I love them even more since the switch to leds. They were doing alright before under the halides, but the colors were ehh. Since the switch not too long ago everything is starting to show some awesome colors that I had never seen before. Time will still tell with the growth though. Especially now that I have a whole frag tank of new pieces from the swap. I'll really be able to notice what kind of growth im getting.
Any pictures Mike so we can :jaw:?

bluemike81

Heres what I have on hand. These all came from my phone. This tank is still pretty young, but most all pieces were grown from ~1-3'' frags.

This is the fixture running over my frag tank.

There has since been 1 more led pendant added to the frag tank on the right, and a canopy built.

When it was still under the halide

First day under the leds

misenplace101

Just got these today under LEDs. Kinds pale and brown let's see what the LEDs will do in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk