Any Sump Builders Out There?

mlreef

I'm looking for a local sump builder or fellow reefer. I have been looking at some sumps / refugium combos from LifeReef but I can't see paying an extra $400 in shipping alone.

I would like to make it out of 1/2" acrylic. Basic dimensions are 60" - 72" X 22"-24" X 18"X 20" tall.

If anyone has ever built one or had someone local build one for them please share your experience.

Thanks

MMreef

Mark do you have a picture of yours?
I did not make picture of it,still in my garage waiting.Three chambers:large skimmer chamber,return and ATO compartment with cover.He used black acrylic to separate ATO from return.Very clean seams,no bubbles.

I did not make picture of it,still in my garage waiting.Three chambers:large skimmer chamber,return and ATO compartment with cover.He used black acrylic to separate ATO from return.Very clean seams,no bubbles.
I had one made by Anthony as well. Again, excellent work and can't complain about his prices. You just can't find acrylic sumps at lower prices.

mlreef

Does anyone know what the hours of operation would be for nanoseacreations? I called them up today and left 2 messages, no one has responded yet.

goat585

Administrator
IF you want to use an old glass tank I can help with the glass baffles, design and such. I built my 120 sump for around $110

x19

How is their quality and are they reasonable as far as prices?
Great quality, and very reasonable prices. What I got from Anthony was priced less than other companies in the midwest and I didn't have to worry about shipping.

x19

Does anyone know what the hours of operation would be for nanoseacreations? I called them up today and left 2 messages, no one has responded yet.
Its a guy in his garage, and I'm sure he probably has another job as well. Not like a full shop. I'm sure he'll respond soon.

mlreef

Update, Anthony from nano sea creations is building the sump and should be ready next weekend. After many hours of thought and debating we decided to make it 84" x 24" x24". It has 5 sections, starting with filter socks, live rock section, skimmer section, refugium section and the lastly the return section. It's a really awesome design. I will post some pictures when it it completed. Thanks.

Navycook2

Im looking for a big sump as well you will have to let me know how it turns out!! Looking for one for my 210!

mlreef

Im looking for a big sump as well you will have to let me know how it turns out!! Looking for one for my 210!
Everything that I heard about Anthony has been confirmed in my book. I saw soggy pockets 440 yesterday that Anthony had built and the seams were near flawless and the construction is second to none.