Any swaps?

Mooney190

It's been a while since anybody posted here. Are there any swaps coming in the near future? I'm new to the swap game.

- - - Updated - - -

If not, lets get a group together, and find a place to meet and start our own chicago reef swap!

jrpark22000

Premium member
It's been a while since anybody posted here. Are there any swaps coming in the near future? I'm new to the swap game.

- - - Updated - - -

If not, lets get a group together, and find a place to meet and start our own chicago reef swap!

It's a slow time of the year for reefing, even the forums get slow for the summer months. Most swaps and such don't start up until September or October. I'm game for helping to pull one together using the fourm, but we'd have to have a destination setup.

carmelpi

The NWIMAC frag swap is next Sunday, Oct 2nd, from 12-4 in NW Indiana (Portage). It's an easy 20 minutes from the border!

PolackoTaco

Harvest Frag Fest October 1st, 2016 11am to 3pm

2825 W McLean Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
Enter in thru Mozart Side of the building

Parking will be available in the Church parking lot

About Harvest Frag Fest
Harvest Frag Fest was design to help raise money to feed the homeless in the community. This event will help raise money for our (GNBC Harvest of the First Fruits Event) that is held the weekend before Thanksgiving, that brings in more than 600 to 1000 homeless and homeless families with children looking for a meal and grocery bags filled with food to help feed their families during the holiday season. Windy City Reefers Group will not profit from this event as all proceeds will go towards Good New Bible Church. Our moto to the reefing community is to give informative information about the hobby and help bring the best corals and frags from around the world with the help of various vendors that will participate in our event. If you are a Vendor and want to be a part of this event see info below about payment and information.

Admission Price:
Entry Fee is $5 no membership required
Price for kids 12 & under = Free
Raffle tickets = $1.00 each or $25 for 30 tickets
Parking for Harvest Frag fest can be street parking or Park in Good News Bible Church Parking lot across from our Church on California.

Vendor & Hobbyist Information:
All tables will include electricity and two chairs for your convenience.
Vendor tables cost will be $65 each per table, we will have 10 vendor spots available only.
10 Tables total will be provided for this event as this Gym is small and can not accommodate larger vendors.

If you would like to be a vendor at our show please email us at *************ers@gmail.com

Vendor Restrictions:
Maximum water volume per table: 30 gallons (or 15 gallons per half table) unless you provide your own stand.
Maximum Power per Table: 300watts max ( example: 100 watt heaters, 200 watts lighting) please make sure your equipment is in good working order and not a safety hazard to others around you.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Harvest Frag Fest October 1st, 2016 11am to 3pm
What you don't mention is what I brought up last year after long talks with Frankie, the host. Last year's swap was billed as nonprofit and yet they were completely unable to provide 501c3 paperwork nor were they listed in the nonprofit database. This year they've change the tag line to something less legally binding.

Again, it doesn't affect the swap. It's just information for all to see, there is no oversight in the charity aspect of the swap. If there was, CR would have given them their free swap advertisement last year.

PolackoTaco

I was unaware, but knowing Frankie...not that we are "buddy buddy" I am almost 100% where the money is going as Frankie participated in the actual food drive and posted pictures of it as well. I understand where your coming from being in legal document though. Nonetheless, it's a great event for a good cause and I'll definitely be there! Apologies, if I can not post this here and no hard feelings if it needs to be removed.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Nonetheless, it's a great event for a good cause and I'll definitely be there! Apologies, if I can not post this here and no hard feelings if it needs to be removed.
There's no need to remove the post, I'm just sharing the other info that isn't seen. If a charity is that, it would be 501c3. Anything less is a business. My argument is to bill it as such.

PolackoTaco

I understand to a extent, but major companies are even donating to the cause not sure why this is an issue especially here in a local forum. but rules are rules.

madjoe

Premium member
I understand to a extent, but major companies are even donating to the cause not sure why this is an issue especially here in a local forum. but rules are rules.
Frankie is good peeps and does alot of charity work . People should go and support a good cause plus last time there was nice gems to be found . The rest of the bs is just a pissing contest people hold fundraisers and charity events all the time without paper work

jrpark22000

Premium member
Keeps life simple, if there's no oversight and public record, it's not worth the effort to make sure the chaity is legit. Yes, I research every charity or fund raiser I dontate to as an indvidual or a business. Too many people looking to take advantage of others.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
A business can hold fund raisers for charities. They just shouldn't call them selves a nonprofit unless formed as that type of entity. It is misleading. No idea what the details are here but sounds like an event to help others so can't be a bad thing at the end of the day. Thanks for sharing.

PolackoTaco

Like Jr said, keep things simple...seems like it may be a hassle to make it a legal thing. I mean look at salvation army, I can't remember #'s but I think it's a whopping 9% that goes to the needy.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
Like Jr said, keep things simple...seems like it may be a hassle to make it a legal thing. I mean look at salvation army, I can't remember #'s but I think it's a whopping 9% that goes to the needy.
Its actually not hard. its about the same process as forming a business and same cost. but yeah just because something is a non profit doesn't mean its a great thing. Pretty cool to have so much info at our hands now to be able to determine how efficient non profits are these days.

PolackoTaco

I have not a clue what it takes to make it non profit, but if it costs....that's just ridiculous. And now I understand why Frankie wouldn't go out of the way to do it...if that's the case. Actually quite funny, ever heard about that rapper that gave power to 600 million in Africa, there's a meme going around on FB saying if he can do that in 1 year. WTF have all these charities been doing all these decade's. Don't get me wrong, a lot of respect for the organization's that do it even if it's just 1 meal.

PolackoTaco

just throwing it out there, I do not speak for Frankie and I have no clue if it's legally non profit or not. just tossing my 2 cents out there.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
LOL we live in illinois there is a charge for everything! wont be able to make it but please share some pics of whatever you pick up!