Any swaps?

PolackoTaco

Great people, great coral, great raffles!

To anyone that the whole legality thing is actually effecting, IMO just silly to not come to this charitable event and even more importantly the freaking frag swap!!!

Well....this whole topic kinda got to me so I did some research like any responsible reefer! And this is what I found!

The IRS is my source if anyone is interested.
HTTPS://www.IRS.gov/pub/IRS-pdf/P1828.pdf

I could be wrong but...
I believe Harvest Fest is ran by the Church considering it's held in the Church and the actual food drive is run by the church as well, there for any member of the church would be part of the church. Does that sound right? This would mean, the state doesn't require them to have a 501c3 to host an event. From my understanding, 501c3 are for reef clubs and other types of organizations trying to achieve the same goal, to please the eye and mind of some individuals that are concerned where a few dollars may go. But for anyone that does know Frankie or the actual food drive that happens, which Frankie is a part of knows where these few dollars go. It's a $5 door fee and I believe $1per raffle ticket, nobody is getting rich here. But that $ does do a huge impact for some families that are struggling and hungry. Just thought I'd toss in a few more cents. I hope to see some of the great reefers from this site there, not sure what the plan is this year but last year there was some amazing coral and awesome raffle prizes!

---Cost of applying for exemption. The IRS is required to collect a non-refundable
fee from any organization seeking a determination of tax-exempt status under IRC
Section 501(c)(3). Although churches are not required by law to file an application
for exemption, if they choose to do so voluntarily, they’re required to pay the fee for
determination.---

Last edited:

carmelpi

So, not to derail this back but yay for the nwimac frag fest in portage on sunday, amirite?!?!

We have some pretty neat stuff for raffle prizes this year!!

(We don't have our 501(c)(3) but that's bc we can't afford the accountant, yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk