Anyone Good At Plumbing Tanks????

Prov3:5-6

I need some major help. I have some great ideas of how I want to plumb my tank but I have never plumbed before and don't work much with PVC. I will supply all the materials as well as buy some pizza and beer if someone is willing to come help me set up my complicated system. Here is a rundown of what I want, try and follow along :)

I want my 75 plumbed to my 29 gal sump. the intake is pretty basic. The return will be complex. I want to incorporate a feeding tube, so I can drop food into a pipe and it will get sent into the tank via return. I also want to create a back siphon/ water change line. This will be plumbed somewhere above my ball check valve so when I do turn off my return pump I can open a seperate valve and drain water out of my system that way. These may not be complex as I think but I could sure use some help!!!

yogoshio

I can't do it this weekend cause of my kid's first birthday, but I'm more than happy to help maybe next weekend? Saturdays are best for me. It's relatively simple, actually, but can be daunting when you first look at it.

yogoshio

When you say feeding tube, are you talking like, rod's food, something the can be dissolved? If you have a valve T-ed off the return line that also has a valve and a way to close it off, this is doable, but it'll most likely throw bubbles in the tank as well.

Bah, **** tanks and their plumbing lol. I want a tube that i can drop food in and it sends it to the display (mysis, rods, whatever basicaly)

yogoshio

Ok, very doable. If it can wait a week, then I can definitely help. Or if nothing else I can mock up a diagram. I do still think it'll throw in some bubbles, but nothing crazy.

I dont mind minor bubbles but if they will be crazy then i might skip the idea. If you had a possible diagram that would help a lot!!

yogoshio

The easiest solution would be to install a Y valve with a ball valve and a cap. Put in the food mixed with water, cap it, open the valve. You'd install something like this either with a ball valve built in or on top of it, and then get a cap for the end you can screw off. When the food is done pushing up, close the valve and you won't have any extra head loss.
View attachment 4688

yogoshio

A T ball valve would also work for a drain. I'd have to see your exact setup to properly lay out something though. Any pics of the space? And actually, I'll be in Tinley tomorrow for a business lunch. I could stop by afterwards to take a look and write something up for you.