anyone good with glass work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AForys

Looking to turn my jbj 28 nanocube into a 3 chamber sump. Please let me know if your interested in making this for me. Of course I'll pay for all materials and your craftsmanship.

Paulip

I am no expert. (And, you might want to tell me to STHU.) But that seems counter productive. The Nanocube dimensions are optimized for your viewing pleasure with it's bowed cornerless front. Aside from that, most proven sump designs are for long-ish aquariums. You may not want to experiment with unproven sump dimensions. Though, eshopps seems to be experimenting with cubes lately. So, that would be a start.

In any case, best of luck.

AForys

well for a cube aquarium, it's ideal as the stand would be a cube shape and not long. just like my trigger systems ruby20c I just got in. and the optimal viewing front would be absolutely awesome for a nice fuge!

Paulip

Makes sense. Reefers find almost as much enjoyment observing the fuge for "queues" on what is happening to the system as a whole.

Trigger Systems are top-of-the-line. Seems like you can have your builder just follow the cube design. BTW, Chicago Craigslist often has postings of a professional Aquarium builder. From sumps to big displays.

View attachment 15701

Status
Not open for further replies.