Anyone in chicago has a qt and can help ?

tinman

As the title says, anyone in chicago has a qt tank ( and ofcourse time and energy) to qt a couple of fish for me ?

I will compensate.

Please pm

Sent from my iPhone

trackfast

Princess Trainer
How many fish ? How big are they? You want them in a tank with medication? Or just in an observation tank for a few weeks ?

tinman

No, there was not enough interest and too much risk associated with, most people wanted me to pay for their fish if died in qt.
That blows .. how are you responsible for the cost if fish dies ..

you are the Doctor checking on a patient in this case and doctor wont pay the family if patient dies.. hmmm

tinman

well i thought i saw some spots on my fish last time and like always got worried .. there arent there this morning.

there are a lots of IFs before i do anything about them though, two biggest ifs being
if they are indeed sick, and
IF i can catch them with out disturbing my corals.

or else ill just observe

ninjamyst

Premium member
IMO, if you dont QT, just accept the fact that ich is probably already in your tank. Keep your fish happy and cross your fingers! I dont QT either and I saw some white spots on my yellow tang the other day. I was worried but just told myself not QTing is a decision I made and have to live with.

madjoe

Premium member
No, there was not enough interest and too much risk associated with, most people wanted me to pay for their fish if died in qt.
Thats because people in this hobby r stupid lol i mean come on use common sense people oh well when they lose a while tAnk of fish instead of just one its on them . Kinda like group buys that go south oh boy lol . Well tin good luck i have a qt set up just took my wrasse out but i suck at qt hence the reason he only stayed in long enough til spots were gone now the qt comes down

tinman

Thats because people in this hobby r stupid lol i mean come on use common sense people oh well when they lose a while tAnk of fish instead of just one its on them . Kinda like group buys that go south oh boy lol . Well tin good luck i have a qt set up just took my wrasse out but i suck at qt hence the reason he only stayed in long enough til spots were gone now the qt comes down
haha yea .. i wish i have space to setup a QT .. but with a 10month old grabbing what ever he can .. my main tank itself is a luxury right now haha

tinman

IMO, if you dont QT, just accept the fact that ich is probably already in your tank. Keep your fish happy and cross your fingers! I dont QT either and I saw some white spots on my yellow tang the other day. I was worried but just told myself not QTing is a decision I made and have to live with.
lol im aware of that :)

even if you QT and treat each and every fish i still believe Ich is already in every tank, come on ich i see it as common cold of fish world.

tinman

then what's the point of QTing now =P.
IF they indeed show signs and IF i can catch them then the point of QTing them now is to help them get better by medicating them :)

those clowns means more to me than regular clowns ( or any clowns incase they pass away) i have had them for year and half now i think ..

ninjamyst

Premium member
IF they indeed show signs and IF i can catch them then the point of QTing them now is to help them get better by medicating them :)

those clowns means more to me than regular clowns ( or any clowns incase they pass away) i have had them for year and half now i think ..
so you plan on QTing for 3 months while you let your DT fallow?

tinman

so you plan on QTing for 3 months while you let your DT fallow?
Well it did occur to me ( but i thought 2 months is good enough)

IF i can catch all fish with out disrupting the corals. Or if they all die on me. Im not going to add anymore fish at all for quite sometime

But as i said i might be mistaken and those spots may be just dust or something, i am at work now so ill have to check in the evening .. Feed them more may be

Sent from my iPhone

My blue hippo tang gets ich regularly. Almost whenever I get a new fish. Since adding 2 new fish just recently he's got ich again. I've never lost fish to ich, I just feed heavier and I'm pretty sure my giant bazooka UV sterilizer takes care of them in their free swimming form.

Ps I've also used Kordon Ich Attack and now I started soaking food in garlic. Hoping it speeds up the recovery process.

Joe5688

My blue hippo tang gets ich regularly. Almost whenever I get a new fish. Since adding 2 new fish just recently he's got ich again. I've never lost fish to ich, I just feed heavier and I'm pretty sure my giant bazooka UV sterilizer takes care of them in their free swimming form.

Ps I've also used Kordon Ich Attack and now I started soaking food in garlic. Hoping it speeds up the recovery process.
Could also be stress spots. I've seen tangs get it before.

tinman

Hey Tinman what kind of fish do you need quarantined. I might be able to help you. Just pm me.
i rechecked and didnt see any spots :) so all may be good .. ill ping you incase i see something :) ..

damn this means im looking at my tank less and less :(