anyone on here tried DIY leds for planted tanks ?

tkh

There are led grow-lights that ate designed for terrestial plants. Typically this means a much heavier red, green, and yellow hue to the lighting to better meet the needs of these plants. I would imagine looking up a quality grow light led and mimicking its specs would work out well, and I am certain there is plenty of research into ideal wavelengths. If you do want to research it, look into hydroponic setups, indoor growing, and so on (and no, its not just for growing weed, iindoor homegardening is becoming more popular for whatever reason). There's a lot out there on all of that, and it should translate well for planted setups.

DD

"Rambo"
Tin, check out Hoppies thread on theplantedtank. He's an led genius and his thread might give you some ideas. There's a link to his thread on ledgroupbuy.com under the how to section.

tkh

I would say it should.. Or you can go crazy about it, look up the types of chlorophyll that exist in the plants you are cultivating, find leds that have matching peak wavelengths, and build it up that way!