api tests

lunacris

so i was going thru the tests and realized that i may have been doing it wrong follow direction with the drops and all but at the end of test when your comparing the color chart do you hold the vile to the chart like make them touch or do you hold next to looking into the light and compare i noticed that the color changes which make a big deal between 0 and the following numbers how do u do it

FishBeard

I hand it to my woman and tell her to match the vial to one of the blocks on the chart. Works pretty well.

jcarlilesiu

so i was going thru the tests and realized that i may have been doing it wrong follow direction with the drops and all but at the end of test when your comparing the color chart do you hold the vile to the chart like make them touch or do you hold next to looking into the light and compare i noticed that the color changes which make a big deal between 0 and the following numbers how do u do it
When I test, I hold the tube right in front of the card next to the scale, but NOT touching.

lunacris

i also do this hand it to wife (she actually enjoys the testing) i do this because sometimes the orange looks like yellow in my eyes kinda how i tell the officer the light wasnt red it was dark yellow lol so hold in front of chart not touching and in brightly lit room correct

poidog

I got it all and also lol'ed at work. nice one :)

i even knocked my coke over on my keyboard... do'h!

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
i also do this hand it to wife (she actually enjoys the testing) i do this because sometimes the orange looks like yellow in my eyes kinda how i tell the officer the light wasnt red it was dark yellow lol so hold in front of chart not touching and in brightly lit room correct
Correct, do not touch it to the chart. Personally, I try to stand by natural daylight especially if I'm testing nitrates because the lighting in my home tends to turn the yellow into a light orange.

Herbie

Banned
I need my wife or 3 year old as well. I have too much skin in the game to trust my eyes and my wife or kid just make a call. At MCF they have a card with half circles to sit in. Anyone know which one that is. I think it looked easier than my API marine master (BTW: anyone have bad caps in their API kit?)