Aqua Illumination Vegas

RJDENNIS

Anyone running the Vega Colors on their system? I have 2 of them on my 75 and after 5 years of running I have been having some issues with them.
First issue was they would turn off on them selves and some time come back on until they finally stopped working all together. I emailed customer support told them the problem and was given a RO number and sent them both back and they replaced the motherboards on them for free.
Now I am having an issue with one of the units on its own, two of the pucks will shut off every minute and turn back on after about a minute. It only does it when they are in daylight mode.
I have emailed them again and am currently waiting a reply.

Just curious if anyone else runs them and if you have had any issues.

Thanks

RJDENNIS

Update to my post,
I sent the unit back for repair and received a phone call this past week and was told they had the unit plugged in for 24 hours and they didn't experience any of the issues I sent it in for. They did however say when they initially plugged it in it required a firmware update which they did. they ended up sending me the unit back with a new power supply.
The light is back over my system and it is once again tuning off an on.
I am now getting a bit aggravated. Is it my controller now? It has the latest firmware but the light still acts up.
I emailed them again and am now awaiting their reply again.
Kind of wish they would swap them out for the new Hydra 52's. Wishful thinking?

RJDENNIS

AI responded saying they no longer have parts for the Vegas and are willing to upgrade my lights to the Hydras for $225 each. What to do now. I originally had 2 Vegas over my system and now they say I only need 2 Hydra 26 HD over a 75 gallon tank.
I do like the Wi/Fi ability and controllability from my iPhone right out of the box.
I was considering buying 2 Kessil A360'S or the Reefbreeder AquaSanrise R90 but dont know very much about either,