Aqua Lifter Pump Question

Irsug1

Premium member
So I have set-up a de-gassing water station where I de-gas one tank with ro water and then pump through the di filter and into a separate tank. I set up a Toms Aqualifter pump to draw out of the first tank and push the water through the DI but its too slow, like less than a half gallon per hour.
What are your thoughts on daisy chaining 2 Toms Aqualifter pumps together to increase flow? Do you guys agree with this thought or is this a bad idea and why? I really want to get at least 2 gallons per hour moved..
Thanks in advance!

Irsug1

Premium member
I have done it. Didn't work out that well. It did increase the pumping power (I was fighting head height) but only very marginally. I would use this pump with an airline valve if I was in your position:

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/ATO-Diaphragm-Pump
Thanks Ted! However this pump is not a continuous duty. I need to move 65 gallons at a rate of 2 to 3 gallons per hour until its gone. This would be a great ATO pump though!

SkullV

Thanks Ted! However this pump is not a continuous duty. I need to move 65 gallons at a rate of 2 to 3 gallons per hour until its gone. This would be a great ATO pump though!
It is just as continuous duty as an Aqualifter, which is also not supposed to be a continuous duty pump. For what you want to do the best option really is a Peristaltic pump like the Litermeter 3, or a refurbished medical unit from eBay.