Aquarium maintenance

blevinson

I am looking for a recommendation for a company or individual to do very basic maintenance of my tank. All I am really looking for is someone to come in and clean the tank itself. It is the one chore I hate doing. My tank is 240gl acrylic, so I am looking for someone that will be careful and not scratch the tank. I live in 60645.
Thanks,

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Trying calling AquaPros for a recommendation. You can also try Aquarium Done Wright but IDK if they service your area.

100LL

I am looking for a recommendation for a company or individual to do very basic maintenance of my tank. All I am really looking for is someone to come in and clean the tank itself. It is the one chore I hate doing. My tank is 240gl acrylic, so I am looking for someone that will be careful and not scratch the tank. I live in 60645.
Thanks,
Good luck. I have not had good results with tank maintenance providers. I can't blame them for not caring as much about my tank as I do, but it would be nice if someone would offer a premium service, even if it were offered at a premium price. I have never complained about the cost.

Maybe you could find a RESPONSIBLE teenage neighbor. Train them well, urge the importance of doing it right and pay them well to do this for you. Not exactly the recommendation response you were seeking, but might be worth exploring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
Dave at marine concepts is pretty good my buddy rudy had a office tank acrylic and dave maintained it

fftfk

I've used Tank It Easy on Ashland and been happy with them. I live in 60647.

The one thing is you mentioned no scratches and acrylic. I used to have an acrylic tank and no matter how careful you are you will end up with scratches. It's why I went with glass this time around.

Quicksilver

A few months ago I used Aquarium Done Wright to move a tank from the city to the burbs that was fully stock. Everything went smoothly and all fish, coral, etc... Joshua broke down the running tank and transported the tank and its entire contents successfully. I'm going to schedule a maintenance with him in the next two weeks and will let you know how that goes.