Aquashella

goat585

Administrator
how was the crowd and quality of livestock? couldn't go this year or last....
It was extremely busy on Saturday and there was a good turnout today but it was slower. There was a ton of coral vendors. Some really nice pieces that I saw. It was a lot of fun and a lot of cool things to see.

how was the crowd and quality of livestock? couldn't go this year or last....
On saturday it was ridiculously crowded. Many people had to park like half a mile away and walk because there was no available parking at the venue. They also put most of the livestock vendors in the same area, so there were times you could not walk through at all. I got there at like 11:45, and left around 1:30.

The quality of things were good though. I walked away with some really nice pieces.

babbyk

Premium member
I went on Saturday and IMO the amount of people they crammed into that venue was ridiculous. It made the show a chore for me, it was a beyond crowded. I probably stayed 30 mins.

Coral Man

Premium member
Tha
I went on Saturday and IMO the amount of people they crammed into that venue was ridiculous. It made the show a chore for me, it was a beyond crowded. I probably stayed 30 mins.
thats actually good, now to find a bigger location!!

dvanlier05

That was what I was afraid of. I decided to skip this one and do RAP Chicago. It's in a bigger venue and I got early entry. Best case, I'm in and out before general admission is open

thats actually good, now to find a bigger location!!
It's good to see that the hobby is so popular. But it's not a good experience for anyone that wants to go. When it's impossible to walk down the aisle and look at corals, then what's the point of even going?

Also, people that bring strollers to these types of events need to be smacked. The amount of room is already minimal, but then they park their stroller in front of the table so others can't get up to it or use it as a plow to push through the crowd. I get that they want to get their kids involved, but if they are in a stroller they probably don't have a single clue what's going on because they are too young. Just leave them at home.

It's good to see that the hobby is so popular. But it's not a good experience for anyone that wants to go. When it's impossible to walk down the aisle and look at corals, then what's the point of even going?

Also, people that bring strollers to these types of events need to be smacked. The amount of room is already minimal, but then they park their stroller in front of the table so others can't get up to it or use it as a plow to push through the crowd. I get that they want to get their kids involved, but if they are in a stroller they probably don't have a single clue what's going on because they are too young. Just leave them at home.
There is always a crowd though.

It was not bad at all at Aquashella.

I was once at a Coral Show with Hundreds of People in a VFW Hall and you had to wait like 15 minutes just to go from one table to the next. (No Joke).

There is always a crowd though.

It was not bad at all at Aquashella.

I was once at a Coral Show with Hundreds of People in a VFW Hall and you had to wait like 15 minutes just to go from one table to the next. (No Joke).
Yes there are always crowds, but the hall they used for the coral shops is too narrow. 15 minutes to go from one table to the next isn't even that bad. 5-10 minutes to move a foot is bad, which is exactly how it was on the saturday around 1:30-2.