Aqueon the headache begins

cammunoz

I was having trouble getting my new Aqueon 120 level. The top black rim of the aquarium is unlevel on the right side. I was puzzled wondering what could be the issue. Seems when they installed it they didn’t press down hard enough or what ever the issue may have been. To top it off the front peice of glass sticks out to the right a bit on the bottom when it meets the side panel. I measured the water levels from front to back on the side and they were the same. I measured the brace and discovered it was unlevel. Should I take the tank down? I just don’t want this exploding up here on the third floor. Thanks for your help in advance btw I contacted Aqueon

Last edited:

BenjieC

Premium member
I don't think it's in any danger of exploding. The silicone looks fine and it has the top and bottom bracing. It's more of an aesthetics thing and you're the only one who will notice it, so if it's going to bug you...

As far as it being out of level is it the top bracing that's not level? Is water going over your over flow unevenly, if that makes sense? If it's the bracing that's fine just an aesthetics thing again. If the water on the inside isn't level, then that needs to be fixed.

cammunoz

Ya I found out the brace was installed from back to front off by 1/8th. I hope it’s more aesthetics. I am just worried because it’s in a condo on the third floor. Also I found a clam shell chip although it’s not deep

Front left

Left side of tank showing where it chipped and shows how deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro