Arcylic frag tank question

rowdie

Im going to start a frag tank and want to do an acrylic tank that's 36"x24"x12". Where do you guys think the best place to get premade/custom acrylic tanks would be? Online from something like advanced acrylics or should I make one myself (seems relatively simple). Im looking for suggestions a premade/custom tank maker with a good balance between price and quality or a place that does a really nice job cutting the acrylic to the correct size for DIY. Any advise is really appreciated.

fastwagon

I just had a tank with those exact dimensions built with a euro brace and 8 frag racks by anthony at Nano Sea.

The ones on ebay are nice but unless you can have them delivered to a dock the guy is kind of expensive for shipping

MMreef

Yeah, Anthony is great, he build my sump few years ago, but now he is so busy it takes a long time to get it done. Contact Will , he does it quickly.

rosko23

Im going to start a frag tank and want to do an acrylic tank that's 36"x24"x12". Where do you guys think the best place to get premade/custom acrylic tanks would be? Online from something like advanced acrylics or should I make one myself (seems relatively simple). Im looking for suggestions a premade/custom tank maker with a good balance between price and quality or a place that does a really nice job cutting the acrylic to the correct size for DIY. Any advise is really appreciated.
Use John at advanced acrylics. His price shipped is better then local usually. And wayyyy faster. Tell him Jorge referred u. I've had lots of things done by him. If u want a 72x24x11 frag tank. I have one. Let me know.

rowdie

I have looked at the tanks on ebay and they do look nice, but as fastwagon said the shipping for the 36"x24"x12" is $100. Rosko, is there a way to specifically ask John for a quote at advanced acrylics or do you just fill the request form out normally and include his name. MMreef is Will a member on chicago reef? That name sounds fimiliar.

fwadiver

will will build to order, another option is to order the acrylic cut from windrider creations and glue it yourself, i've gone both routes and getting will luthman to do it is painless.

Greg

Zero Edge Aquarium
They are local so you can pick up easily. They make any tank/stand you can imagine, all top quality.
Cheapest I have found also. Usually around 80% of advanced acrylics' price. I've gotten many quotes from all makers, ZE was always the cheapest. Contact them just for a quote on a custom tank, you will be glad you did.

MMreef

I have looked at the tanks on ebay and they do look nice, but as fastwagon said the shipping for the 36"x24"x12" is $100. Rosko, is there a way to specifically ask John for a quote at advanced acrylics or do you just fill the request form out normally and include his name. MMreef is Will a member on chicago reef? That name sounds fimiliar.
Yes, he is a member here, do search for William Lutman

MMreef

Zero Edge Aquarium
They are local so you can pick up easily. They make any tank/stand you can imagine, all top quality.
Cheapest I have found also. Usually around 80% of advanced acrylics' price. I've gotten many quotes from all makers, ZE was always the cheapest. Contact them just for a quote on a custom tank, you will be glad you did.
Hmmm, couple of years ago I sent them quote request for a sump and they come back with $600, Anthony at NanoSea did it for $150. Unless they changed their pricing , I don't think they are reasonable but they do top quality stuff.

rowdie

I will ask Will, advanced acrylics and zero edge for quotes.

On a different note, I think I am going have it made with overflow in the middle of tank. Does anyone have a reason for it to go in one of the corners or elsewhere? Also overflow holes drilled in side or bottom of the tank? i'm thinking bottom.

rosko23

Zero Edge Aquarium
Yeah if u don't mind waiting months for work.

rosko23

Hmmm, couple of years ago I sent them quote request for a sump and they come back with $600, Anthony at NanoSea did it for $150. Unless they changed their pricing , I don't think they are reasonable but they do top quality stuff.
Anthony actually does work for ZE. Brett is ZE and Anthony helps with big projects. Anthony is very good, just takes FOREVER to get things done.

John at advanced has always beat their prices shipped and IMO nicer work.

Pm me for his number. U can text him

fastwagon

I had ZE quote my tank and he was double the price of Anthony. Only thing was at least he told me it would be 6-8 weeks before he could build it. Anthony just took 6 weeks at one point I thought he forgot about me lol

Greg

I dunno, I always shop around for every tank i want to buy. I'm all for best price on best tank. AA definitely makes quality tanks as well. I've seen plenty of both and quality is similar. I like ZE better.
I ask ZE, AA, and NSC. ZE was always cheaper.

This is my latest tank which is similar to what you want. 27x24x16 with custom built in filtration, rounded corners, cable rivets, and covers. 380 flat. Don't think you can find it cheaper.