Are we just selling stuff?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I just skimmed through the forum and it’s sad that this place has just become a for sale forum. Barely any content. I counted. In the last 50 posts, there are 5 non-for sale posts. Great for buying stuff....terrible for keeping me excited about the hobby.

So on that note, let’s share what we’re up to with our tanks. Get some dialog going. Post some pics....etc.

Irsug1

Premium member
I have taken a break for a while due to having my first child.
But, I am working on a custom 200 gal. tank with TankMeUSA and a custom rollermat sump with Geos Reef. I do plan on posting my build progress in a few months.
I have already purchased an Abyzz A200 for the return and will pick up a Regal ext. 250 on black Friday hopefully!

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
You’re absolutely right and I’ve been guilty of this. I’ll be back later with an update to my thread. ;)

rockhead

I’m upgrading to a 180 with a 80 gal sump and a 50gal quarantine tank. 1/2 in wall with a granite base or a live edge slab of wood. Lighting it with 8x80 ati and 2 blue reef Brite strips 60”. Just ordered the tube steel for the frame and glass for the sump. I’ll update as I go.

ninjamyst

Premium member
I am struggling to keep my interest in the hobby too...sigh. Anyone got tips on BTAs? I got a couple for my nano and they are not happy...been months. The nano been running for years now and I got a Nanobox light over it.

Quicksilver

@ninjamyst I had the same issue, between losing interest and tank crashes I was tempted to get out. My kids wanted to keep fish so I decided to go with a clownfish harem. BTAs are easy to keep, provide adequate lightning and flow and feed them once a week at least. That works for me, reach out if you have any questions.

GugsJr

TeamCR
I'm guilty as I've been going through a move and trying to get rid of extra items. Once I complete the move I'll post updated pics

Deezill

Premium member
I am guilty too. I am working on my new 210 build trying to get rid of some items I won't be using in my new build. I will start a new build thread for my 210 as I am taking my time I am very proud of it. It's funny because I was thinking of this very topic of the forum just becoming a sales site. Be on the lookout for my new build thread soon.

Chicagoreefs

Administrator
Staff member
I think you bring up a good point with all the for sale threads. What would everyone like to see to be more active? Ive toyed with a number of ideas to try and get more activity but it seems like most people dont want to participate. It seems like most people just want to buy and sell things. It seems like there has been a change in how hobbyist use sites like these.

Deezill

Premium member
I think you bring up a good point with all the for sale threads. What would everyone like to see to be more active? Ive toyed with a number of ideas to try and get more activity but it seems like most people dont want to participate. It seems like most people just want to buy and sell things. It seems like there has been a change in how hobbyist use sites like these.
So I am guilty of posting stuff for sale and maybe things would be more interesting if you knew why. I have a new tank build out there and I plan on keeping it updated. I too agree it seems like CR has become one localized EBAY. I have some topics I want to see from our local reefers and not just from youtube like lets talk about Lighting why is it so darn expensive? Is there a huge difference between the G4 Pro and G4. This interests me because I am going with radions because of majority of my gear will be from Ecotech.
We have a bunch great folks here with years of experience and knowledge and we should take advantage. Another item I LOVE is full tank shots. That gives me ideas for current and future builds. I LOVE PICS. lets get pics up. More videos. We want to sale this gear lets discuss why we are selling the gear we once loved. Let's talk about our heartaches in the hobby for one mine has been Aptasia in which I let it get out of hand. I purchase a filefish and the lazy bastard don't even eat it.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Yeah, I sell stuff too. BUT, I try to update my build thread fairly often just to show off what I’ve been up to. That said, most of the time, my posts in my build thread get zero responses.

I think the best interaction is just showing off what you’re up to and also engaging people on what their working on. Ask questions, make comments, etc.

Deezill

Premium member
Well said.
Yeah, I sell stuff too. BUT, I try to update my build thread fairly often just to show off what I’ve been up to. That said, most of the time, my posts in my build thread get zero responses.

I think the best interaction is just showing off what you’re up to and also engaging people on what their working on. Ask questions, make comments, etc.
Well said

Spartanman22

I’ve let my tank thread fall by the wayside. Was offered a position in New York in April and here we are in October and the job is still up in the air. Gotta love the world of contract operations. So I’ve left things alone more or less because I thought I was moving. I have however been planning my dream tank upgrade for if/when I end up in New York. If we move I’ll drop my current tank and start fresh in New York. If we don’t move I’ll upgrade. I’m building this next tank with as much automation as possible given that I travel frequently for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deezill

Premium member
First poll should be:

Why don’t you post anything other than on the selling thread?

I updated my build thread and no one commented:cry::cry::cry:

lol
WHere is your tank build I am sure I can search for it but my fingers are lazier than I am lol.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
@Deezill It's in my signature below. but here’s a link