Arrggg tank crashed

EyeReef

Due to poor miscalculation, I dosed a little too much alk. Almost all sps were skeleton when I got home last night, both chalice on their way out. Zoos/rics/fish seems to be doing okay. Tank is really cloudy. Been doing large water changes

Greg

alk is very easy to overdose if you are adding powder full alk.

The seachem reef builder alk is very strong and easily overdosed. I only use 1/2 the recommended dose.

EyeReef

ived done about a 20 gallon water change, fresh batch of carbon so far and tank is still cloudy. I can still see tissue sloughing of the sps is is prob the reason for the cloudiness. I have another 20 gallon mixing...Hopefully I get the tank stabilize soon

fastrc

Sorry to hear if i knew earlier i would have brought you a 100% water change for it and some carbon scrubbers!

Stonefish13

That sucks Mike. Good luck getting it straight. I always act with apprehension when dosing alk for just this reason.

EyeReef

thanks for the concern guys...in 8 years of reefing..this is my first true crash...Im just glad it wasn't loaded with corals.

I just did another 50 percent water change.....water still cloudy...
But looking to stablize..

I setup my 29 gallon Biocube just to make sure I need to transfer the fish and other corals just in case it goes back downhill