ATI T-5 Bulbs for 45 Cube

BroPar

hey everyone

I was wondering what peoples suggestion would be for ATI bulbs for my 2 bulb fixture. I plan on having Cyphastrea, Leptoseris, Mushrooms, Euphyillia and possibly Zoas/Palys. Looking to get good growth and fluorescent glow. Unfortunately there are no stores close by that have a T-5 fixture to show me an example of bulb combo to see the effects on coral.

MMreef

If you can get KZ bulbs, imo they are better then ATI, go with KZ superblue and KZ new generation.

rockhead

I did a par comparison between a new blue plus and a kz super blue
Blue+ 526
Kz 570
That's new out of the box no burn in time

Tom

MMreef

KZ bulbs especially the superblue seems crisper blue then ATI, also many people ( including me, I use only KZ bulbs now) report better colors and fluorescence of corals. They are more $$ then ATI, but to me they're worth it.

BroPar

KZ bulbs especially the superblue seems crisper blue then ATI, also many people ( including me, I use only KZ bulbs now) report better colors and fluorescence of corals. They are more $$ then ATI, but to me they're worth it.
well right now bulk reef has them on sale which makes them about the same as the ATI bulbs. So i'll grab them Friday and possibly the ATI bulbs and do my own experimenting see if my corals like the ATI or KZ bulbs more. Unfortunately since pretty much every shop runs LED i'm have my work cut out adapting the corals to T-5. Could do ATI since the Par is lower then switch to KZ and see how the corals react.

MMreef

If they are on sale grab those now. As far as coral acclimating to T5 from led, just shorten your light period about 3 hours, and then add 1/2 hour every week til you're back to your regular schedule.

MMreef

You can definitely see a difference looking at KZ and ATI, unfortunately your picture ( really no offense :) ), isn't the best quality to see it.

BroPar

just so im getting the right ones these are them yes? Korallen-Zucht Coral Light II New Generation T5 Lamp

rockhead

Yea phone picks are not the best, but even in person I can't even tell it's crazy I had the wife come and look and see really didn't see a difference, but I know one thing the par meter doesn't lie , my corals are responding well to the change and I'll be slowly changing the rest of the bulbs to kz

Tom

MMreef

Yea phone picks are not the best, but even in person I can't even tell it's crazy I had the wife come and look and see really didn't see a difference, but I know one thing the par meter doesn't lie , my corals are responding well to the change and I'll be slowly changing the rest of the bulbs to kz

Every person sees light and color differently, no worries. What's obvious to some, it's no difference to other. :)

BroPar

ok well i will jump on the KZ today thanks for the info i'll definitely make a progress thread when i get the tank up an running

anarchy

Tom
Or changing lights all together