Ati t5/led

saamath

The long anticipated new offering from ATI has been officially released for preorder! The new ATI LED Powermodule will be offered in the following configurations:

24" 1x75W LED & 4x24W T5 $1097.95
24" 1x75W LED & 8x24W T5 $1281.95
36" 2x75W LED & 4x39W T5 $1453.95
36" 2x75W LED & 8x39W T5 $1631.95
48" 3x75W LED & 4x54W T5 $1782.95
48" 3x75W LED & 8x54W T5 $2049.95
60" 4x75W LED & 4x80W T5 $2049.95
60" 4x75W LED & 8x80W T5 $2350.95

http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supply/ati-led-powermodule.html

Unbeatable Performance
Combines the control and energy efficiency of LED lighting with the superior coral color and light balance of T5 lighting. No more loss of coral color and uneven growth produced by many LED-only fixtures. Plus, the active cooling system allows lights to run at a more optimal temperature for improved output and bulb-life.

Complete, 24-Hour Lighting Control
Produce realistic sunrise-sunset effects, cloud sweeps and moon light simulations.

Endless Color Control
Each 75W LED cluster features four independently-programmable LED color channels, each capable of 0-100% dimming. LED color channels include:
•Full Spectrum White
•Blue
•Royal Blue
•Red

ATI LED Powermodule Features:
•Built-In Controller
•Individual Parabolic Reflectors made from Silver-coated 98% Reflective Aluminum
•Active Cooling System
•Electronic Ballasts
•Acrylic Shield
•Sleek, Adjustable Hanging Kit
•1 Year Limited Warranty

Ati makes some of the nicest fixtures out there. My friend has 2 of the 6 bulb 60in fixtures over his 220 i could only imagine the Powermodule with led's.

saamath

The word I've received is... shortly. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about it, but I think they're trying to keep from having one of those "floating release date" fiascoes that happen with newly released equipment. Once I get a definitive date, I'll post it here.

gig

I'll need two 36" fixtures for my tank, 3K? no problemo...:dance3: :to_pick_ones_nose3:

MMreef

that's a MOD EDIT rip off
I disagree, for $1600 you get 36" fixture with 8 bulbs and 2 x75W LED modules fully controllable, that's less than 2Radions Pro that will not cover the same area with the same intensity IMO.

yogoshio

Yes, but the main reason that LEDs are more cost effective is the lifetime costs of energy and bulb replacement. This takes away the cost incentive of a lower startup cost for T5s, as well as still replacing bulbs every 6-9 months on the system.

This would be far better received with a lower initial cost because of the lifetime costs of replacement bulbs. And let's be clear, the bulk of ATI's income is from replacement bulbs, not the fixtures they sell.

MMreef

Point taken, but for me or any serious SPS keeper LED's by themselves are not yet the answer. I will spend more $$$ to replace bulbs and pay more for electricity as others that use MH, just to keep my SPS happy and best looking. So for me I see the value in this, especially that I own ATI and I know what I am paying for.Again everybody's tanks and goals are different, but to call this a rip off is premature.

FishBeard

Ya know, im quite dissapointed in the 60" model in particular. The one thing I hated about the dimmable T5 fixture was it not being available in 60" length, and the lack of dimmable T5 in this new fixture at the 60" length is a deal breaker for me. I think the 60" non-dimmable models should be more in line with the same prices as the dimmable 48" fixtures due to this huge feature missing. I absolutely LOVED my dimmable 24" fixture i had on my last tank. If this new fixture had dimmable T5 in 60" I would seriously consider upgrading my Tek to this new ATI hybrid, but no way can i justify two 36" fixtures, and 12-16 bulbs a year to keep it running in its prime.

yogoshio

Point taken, but for me or any serious SPS keeper LED's by themselves are not yet the answer. I will spend more $$$ to replace bulbs and pay more for electricity as others that use MH, just to keep my SPS happy and best looking. So for me I see the value in this, especially that I own ATI and I know what I am paying for.Again everybody's tanks and goals are different, but to call this a rip off is premature.
An 8 bulb 60" T5 module is $700 new (roughly). A 120 watt full spectrum LED is $180 roughly. This LED has 300 watts, so a rough comparison would be about $250. There's already a controller cost, but let's add another $50 for that since its different drivers. That's a total estimation of $1000. Add overheard just on the LED side, and that's another $1000? I don't think so.

I am all about doing what my tank would do best in, but until this becomes more down to earth, this really is a rip off.

MMreef

Yeah , I feel you George. I read somewhere the reason for not having dimmable 60" fixture is due to not having a high quality dimmable ballast that would work well on those fixture. I think I saw it on one of RC threads. I totally agree that having 2 36" fixtures is very cost prohibitive. I love my dimmable 36" fixture I have now and will upgrade to this model when available because I love the extra color and shimmer I will get.

FishBeard

An 8 bulb 60" T5 module is $700 new (roughly). A 120 watt full spectrum LED is $180 roughly. This LED has 300 watts, so a rough comparison would be about $250. There's already a controller cost, but let's add another $50 for that since its different drivers. That's a total estimation of $1000. Add overheard just on the LED side, and that's another $1000? I don't think so.

I am all about doing what my tank would do best in, but until this becomes more down to earth, this really is a rip off.
Speaking of down to earth... http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+24255&pcatid=24255

This makes the ATI fixture look like a steal.