ATO question

Milhouse

Premium member
Im sure this has been posted before but, im lazy.

Considering getting an ATO. i have a reef keeper but would i be better off using a stand alone unit?
Do any of them have an off timer? So say the float switch sticks and the pump runs for say 10 seconds. Do any of the units time how long the pump runs and shut it off if the run time is excessive?

What brand does everbody use? I dont have a sump so switches have to be fairly small to fit in the back of my BC29.

Discuss!

charris24

I don't know what it does for run time, but the autoaqua smart ATO is awesome, fits my JBJ nicely, and I love it. I've had one for a few months with no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I don't know what it does for run time, but the autoaqua smart ATO is awesome, fits my JBJ nicely, and I love it. I've had one for a few months with no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto. I've had mine for almost one year. The alarms are nice. Tells me when I have to fill up my ATO tank if i lose track.

Chetna

What about the avast marine ato, nothing to stick or get stuck, it works on pressure. Been great to me for almost a year

ultimatemj

I use the autoaqua smart ATO as well, and like it 90% of the time...it will occasionally "fault out"...not sure if salt creep, snail, or whatever, but the sensor will decide it is "off" and it will beep to let you know...but the beeping is only helpful when you are around.

Super easy to reset it, unplug, plug back in done. I do this probably twice a month :(

I travel for work a week a month, so it has become a nagging concern. considering going Avast or Tunze.