Ato

gonebad395

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know I picked up the Smart ato micro. This little guy is sweet it is a optical sensor ato with beeping alarm if it runs for more then 30 sec after a memeory time of first fill also if pump runs dry if any alarm runs for more then 30 seconds the ato shuts its self down. It also has visual alerts in the way of red and blues leds. The micro pump is brushless and very quiet also I couldn't belive how strong the magnets this set up we truely a 5 min job my ato pump in in a 4 gallon saltwater jug with fresh water. As time goes on I will update this thread to let any of you know and any problems or just how good it's working.

Last edited:

gonebad395

So for years I've been manually filling my tank to my water lvl everyday sometimes twice. I knew when to fill it because it's when I heard the water trickle in the back of the bio cube and it would take a little bit of water to hit my water line I had it that way for a audio reminder. Well it's Ben a little ove 7 hours not heard a trickle and my water lvl has been staying steady so far this thing rocks. More to come the longer I use it stay tuned.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know I picked up the Smart ato micro. This little guy is sweet it is a optical sensor ato with beeping alarm if it runs for more then 30 sec after a memeory time of first fill also if pump runs dry if any alarm runs for more then 30 seconds the ato shuts its self down. It also has visual alerts in the way of red and blues leds. The micro pump is brushless and very quiet also I couldn't belive how strong the magnets this set up we truely a 5 min job my ato pump in in a 4 gallon saltwater jug with fresh water. As time goes on I will update this thread to let any of you know and any problems or just how good it's working.

looks pretty high tech , gunna pick 1 up and give it a try
Bryan

gonebad395

Yeah man I got mine for 119.00 out the door at the ark in Indiana might been able to get it cheaper online but no wait so I sprung. Agian only have had it set up for 7 hours but so far so good. Been reading from other users and the only real maintance is cleaning the eye off every couple months.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
So for years I've been manually filling my tank to my water lvl everyday sometimes twice. I knew when to fill it because it's when I heard the water trickle in the back of the bio cube and it would take a little bit of water to hit my water line I had it that way for a audio reminder. Well it's Ben a little ove 7 hours not heard a trickle and my water lvl has been staying steady so far this thing rocks. More to come the longer I use it stay tuned.
Ha, I used to fill my tank up manually every few days back when I had a FOWLR. What a pain. I have the bigger version of what you bought and really like it. Now I get annoyed when I have to fill up my 25 galling ATO once per week, sometime more often in the winter.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Ha, I used to fill my tank up manually every few days back when I had a FOWLR. What a pain. I have the bigger version of what you bought and really like it. Now I get annoyed when I have to fill up my 25 galling ATO once per week, sometime more often in the winter.
I hear ya on that in the winter mos , with furnace running and fireplace burning tank seems to act as the Humidifier for the house Ha .
Bryan

carpetreef75

Premium member
Yeah man I got mine for 119.00 out the door at the ark in Indiana might been able to get it cheaper online but no wait so I sprung. Agian only have had it set up for 7 hours but so far so good. Been reading from other users and the only real maintance is cleaning the eye off every couple months.
Agreed spoke to the seller on Egay in Penn & snagged 1 for $100.00 free shipping and he mentioned he sells a bunch of them and so far so good everybody likes them and has them on his own tank and no complaints . sounds like you scored a HOMERUN on that find ...
Bryan

carpetreef75

Premium member
Still doing a good job for ya ?
Bryan

gonebad395

Oh yeah man it's so quiet not a problem with anything so far. By far one of the best investments I put on my tank no more worries at all

gonebad395

I am about a year into having mine, and I love it! thing is still going strong, never had any issues.
How do you handle your water changes I unplugged mine and did my mantiance? . Added a bit more water then normal so it's above my sensor when plugged back in it beeped and went blue and orange and settled at blue so will it just wait till the evaporation brings it below the sensor ? Just wondering because this is the first water change since I got it want to make sure I'm good.

Paulip

It should be ok. Unplug everything for safety or buy a master switch. Eventually, you will get the knack for the correct water level with pumps off and the biocube's leveled water surface. I do it during lights out. I am paranoid: Still water and corals closer to the surface might cause light shock during day hours.

Don't overfill too often. If you do it consecutively, you could build up salinity albeit very slowly.

That ATO should bring you much relief for months to come.

Last edited:
How do you handle your water changes I unplugged mine and did my mantiance? . Added a bit more water then normal so it's above my sensor when plugged back in it beeped and went blue and orange and settled at blue so will it just wait till the evaporation brings it below the sensor ? Just wondering because this is the first water change since I got it want to make sure I'm good.
I unplug it before I drain it, and am now dialed in enough that I take pretty much the same amount of water out that I replace, and I can plug it right back in afterwards, and it sits at the same level.

gonebad395

Well guys it's been a few days and this thing is still running like a champ and I barnyard had a problem yet I wipe the optical sensor down every week and it's still quiet.