Attaching rock

gonebad395

Hey guys happy Saturday to you. Well soon the new 34 gal solana will be going together with about 30 lbs of rock and 4 to 5 inches of black sand. My question is on the black plastic back wall I'm wanting to attach 1 basebalish size rock to it. I want this to be really sucure but not quite sure how to go about it. So I'm asking all you guys for some pointers and suggestions on possible ways to do this.
Thanks a lot guys can't wait to read about it .

gonebad395

Thanks yeah I don't want to beanle to remove it if I use any of those suggestions should I ruff the spot up on the wall for whatever I use to stick better ?

xj_matt

Premium member
Thanks yeah I don't want to beanle to remove it if I use any of those suggestions should I ruff the spot up on the wall for whatever I use to stick better ?
If it where me, I would grab some silicone for it. As for the rock part ir you have a grinder I wild gring the spot that is going to mack contact with the back plastic so you can have a even playing field for it to adhear and when doing it lady the tank on its back wile doing so and let sit for I would say 48hrs till standing up right just to make sure it has cured

gonebad395

If it where me, I would grab some silicone for it. As for the rock part ir you have a grinder I wild gring the spot that is going to mack contact with the back plastic so you can have a even playing field for it to adhear and when doing it lady the tank on its back wile doing so and let sit for I would say 48hrs till standing up right just to make sure it has cured
Right on man thanks a lot

goatous

From my experience, silicone isn't the best at sticking to plastic.

I would look into the gel superglues or a food grade RTV sealant.