Auto top off

goat585

Administrator
What autotop off system do you use? Im about to setup a few and would like to hear which ones you use and postive or negative feedback. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reefaholic

Premium member
I have used both models of the Tunze ATO for a long tine without any problems. At the moment I’m using two tunze Ato Nano and one regular ATO with the optical lense for larger setups. I been out of town a couple times for one-two weeks at a time with positive results. The only thing that I dislike about these is that the pump is loud when it operates, but usually it only runs for about 10 seconds at a time.

ultimatemj

Avast ATO w/ peristaltic pump, and Avast "Barrel tender" (to keep the ATO container filled).
I haven't had to touch/maintain any part of it over the 4yrs+ it's been in place. I have to say I was surprised how much I appreciate the Barrel tender...it takes one more maintenance item off the list, which is nice when traveling for work. All in all "not cheap" but has been 100% reliable.

Prior I used SmartATO and really wanted to like it (small, cheap, simple), but it had 2 "deal killer" problems (alarm would go off and required resetting the unit every week or so & failed wetside sensor). It wouldn't surprise me if the alarm issue was directly related to the cracked sensor...never replaced the sensor to determine if that would have resolved the alarm issue.
View attachment 25941

wbbdm3

I have been using Innovative Marine Hydrofill Ti ATO Controller System. As a beginner it is decent for the price. Only issue is that I occasionally have to move or set the metal prongs a bit higher as I believe the vibration from the pumps slowly lowers them.

ninjamyst

Premium member
Tunze ATO nano overflowed my nano tank TWICE. Do not get there nano version. The pump won't turn off for no reason. I love the Smart ATO right now.