Automatic Elements

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I believe this is a new product? You just drop a tab in and they dissolve over time. Thoughts? I get scared about them because I would not want to dose anything when I don't first know the current level in my tank or the rate at which the supplement is being dosed/dissolved.

I am interested in the amino acid one though. That is something that you cant really overdose (I think). I like the idea of constantly dosing aminos without dumping in something every day. At $26 for five tabs, and each tab lasting four months, I like the idea, but I just don't know how much aminos you're actually dosing. Do you have to put more than one in at a time if you have a big tank?

One of you guys should try this........and tell me how it goes. :sparta-lol:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/korallen-zucht-amino-acid-automatic-elements.html

madjoe

Premium member
Lol i used those white calcium blocks before think it had other crap in it to but that was before i knew how to run a actual reef haha.from what i experianced the blocks desolved according to flow slower in slow faster in fast so id say there is to many variables to be acruate enough for me to trust my sticks with thats just me though

I bought the Pohl's B-Balance, Potassium, and Iron one. The only one I didn't buy was the amino acid one as I dose Acropower. I can't really say if it's working because I never tested for potassium and iron and i have no idea what "B-Balance" even is but I can tell you that the biggest change I'm seeing is the color red in a lot of my SPS are popping out and polyp extension is insane. I can't say if it's those tabs, however, since a lot has changed in my tank and the biggest change is the addition of the 130 gyre alongside my mp10. Things started to get a whole lot better with the addition of the gyre so who knows if the automatic elements are helping or not. The only thing I can say is they aren't hurting anything, that's for sure.

I know that's not really any help, lol. But hey, I did buy it and I have been using it for 3 weeks now with no ill effects.