BamBam what did you do!!! Moon lights????

Lil BamBam

Premium member
My wife was not so happy after coming back home from Karate with my girls : ( Yes, my daughters are being trained to protect daddy.. LOL!!!

Many have asked me if I will be doing LEDS with my tank. Not sure yet!! I currently run MH and love the way it looks. Fishbeard did this small LED DIY on his fixture and thought it was cool.

So I told him to swing by to do the same to mine. Just keep in mind that by adding these LEDS is nothing beneficial and won’t grow anything. It was just for the looks at night after my lights are off. Might add more LEDS down the road, but not so sure about the heatsinks with this fixture. So any ideas could help also : ) I might have convinced the wife with LEDS down the road.

Let me know what you guys think on the work? Fishbeard, Thank you!!!

poidog

very nice job. what was the watt per diode (or did I miss it), cause that look really bright for just moonlights.

FishBeard

It is a 4x moonlight kit from RapidLED. The driver pushes 3w, so each 1w led is being driven at like .7w, it looks much brighter in the pic, you only really see the corals fluoresce in person with a touch of blue.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
It is a 4x moonlight kit from RapidLED. The driver pushes 3w, so each 1w led is being driven at like .7w, it looks much brighter in the pic, you only really see the corals fluoresce in person with a touch of blue.
LOL!! I forgot to add this part :rolleyes: Thank you!

Catran

Wow, you did a great job adding the LED's to that fixture. Looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FishBeard

So Dre? When you gonna sell that fixture so we can get started on a full LED setup? I need my next project to keep me busy thru the winter!

Lil BamBam

Premium member
So Dre? When you gonna sell that fixture so we can get started on a full LED setup? I need my next project to keep me busy thru the winter!
LOL!!! I need to wait next year to figure which fixture will be the lucky one.

Here is my list

1. Apollo Solar Blast Dimmable
  2. DIY Phoenix 45 kit by Reefledlights
  3. Aqua Illumination
  4. Or do a DIY on my current MH fixture by adding 24 leds

Just not sure yet

Cubbies

You should go straight DIY if you plan on doing LEDs. I know you love your MH Dre but you gotta let go of them sometime. . . :hmpf: