Bayer dip for corals

rosko23

Heard it works awesome... Plus it kills HA as well. Just need to make sure u use right ratio from my understanding.

rosko23

That coral Rx stuff already smells like insecticide. I guess another insecticide wont hurt
Totally dif. The coralrx smells more like peroxide IMO. The Bayer u need gloves to handle and u really need to rinse it off from what I've been told. Heard its 15ml per 1 gal of water. I have some but too scared to use.

Siebo

Premium member
Totally dif. The coralrx smells more like peroxide IMO. The Bayer u need gloves to handle and u really need to rinse it off from what I've been told. Heard its 15ml per 1 gal of water. I have some but too scared to use.
In the thread that Mark posted, they were mixing it 10ml to 4 oz of water and some were at 20ml and letting it soak for 5-15 minutes. They did a good rinse after for 10-15 min too. when placed back in the DT they had PE almost immediately. The thread was a great read!

rosko23

In the thread that Mark posted, they were mixing it 10ml to 4 oz of water and some were at 20ml and letting it soak for 5-15 minutes. They did a good rinse after for 10-15 min too. when placed back in the DT they had PE almost immediately. The thread was a great read!
Yeah lol I'm scared to dip that much.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Somebody just told me they did this and it got rid of their red bugs...but I don't remember who, lol...

MMreef

Somebody just told me they did this and it got rid of their red bugs...but I don't remember who, lol...
If you go through the thread provided ( for some reason link not working, I will fix it when I get home ) people are saying it kills red bugs, AEFW, Monti eating nudis and tons of other pests. Best thing is they use on smooth skinned across without problems.

rosko23

If you go through the thread provided ( for some reason link not working, I will fix it when I get home ) people are saying it kills red bugs, AEFW, Monti eating nudis and tons of other pests. Best thing is they use on smooth skinned across without problems.
It kills everything man. I can tell u people swear by it

I used it in my old 120 reef diped couple nice colonies and thye died within 12 hours but I think I did it with wrong proportions

MMreef

Maybe you did it with the wrong product. There is few bayer product that the bottle looks almost identical but only one is the one that you can use.

cant remember it was like 2 years ago but i think lots more hen they said on the thread and it just rip my nice sps colonies and after 12 maybe more hours all gone rtn

Emisis

If I remember correctly Reefwise dips their corals in Bayer. I'd call to confirm, they might be able to let you know their ratio and dip times they use.

Fishbone

I just lost 9 SPS frags from dipping to long in to concentrated of a solution. I tried 10ml in 500cc of water for 15min and all my pieces RNT by the next morning. I did a thoroughly rinse afterwards too. I should used some test frags to see how they did first.