Before and After Carbon

brettz16

Just thought i would post some before and after picture.
My tank is 6 months old however the rock, sand, water, and coral is a little over a year.

Been carbon dosing for about 2 months. And switched to VC and Vinegar for about 2 weeks.
1/2tsp VC in morning
15ML Vinegar midday
15ml Vinegar evening

Everything has been taken off and corals have colored up really nicely.
My Nitrates went from 40-50ppm to 5ppm.

these pictures are after about 2 months

View attachment 12891

Herbie

Banned
that's awesome Brett. It really looks like you simply turned up the saturation from left to right. Very intriguing.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
You could also add the vinegar to your ATO resevior if you have one. You'll just need to figure out how much you evaporate per day and adjust for seasonality.

yogoshio

You can't use a dosing pump for VC. It starts to break down as soon as it hits the water.
Why would this matter if its being dosed? Don't you add the VC to the tank anyway? If its in its own container, it would still break down?

I thought vinegar lasted forever.

madjoe

Premium member
Why would this matter if its being dosed? Don't you add the VC to the tank anyway? If its in its own container, it would still break down?

I thought vinegar lasted forever.
Think she talking about the actual vitamin c

Pufferpunk

If you dose the VC to the tank, the corals are going to be able to use it before it breaks down in the water. If it's sitting in a dosing pump, it's breaking down in there. Let me know if you'd like me to post my dosing chart. The company we purchase it from is not offering free shipping & I can give yo90u a code for $5-10 off your 1st purchase.