Best acrylic scrapper???

jrwoltman

Help!!! Magfloat just is not cutting it. Magic eraser is great for weekly maintenance, but coralline is killing me. I am looking for something, besides a samurai sword and hydrochloric acid to get the coralline algae off my ACRYLIC tank. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

labas39

I have a used shark with the acrylic scraper. I have a glass tank so I ended up buying the stainless scraper but the acrylic one was doing a decent job.

Kamreefer

I say the flipper is the best although I don't know how it will affect acrylic....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kamreefer

i have not did research on it with acrylic ? does anyone know i know the blade on it had a diaclaimer to not scrape the silicone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pkajp

The best thing I've used are mightmagnet cutter bags on a great white or hammerhead magnet. If it's really bad you can use the metal blades that come with the continuum aquablade if they are BRAND NEW and you use them GENTLY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always used an old credit card when it would get out of hand. Kent scraper with new acrylic blade worked good too. Just don't get too close to sand bed with either. If sand gets under card/blade it will scratch the tank, you probably already knew that though.