Best All-In-One Nano Tank

Suolainen

I am just getting started in reefing and am looking to set up a 20-40 gallon reef tank. Does anyone have suggestions on what AIO tanks are best for beginners? So far I have looked at the Biocube 29g and the IM 20g NUVO Fusion. I'm taking my time and trying to do research and get advise so I can choose a really nice set-up with room for modifications in the future. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

MMreef

Take look at Cadlights AIO tanks. Very good quality, beautiful and well made. They cost more, but you get starfire glass. If you looking for it long term, i would spend the extra $$$.

tinman

look on the marinedepots 20% off clearance thingy ;) i remember seeing a nuvo 40 gallon tank on there .. i personally like nuvo tanks a lot.

oh welcome to the forum :) im just a stones throw away in westloop, let me know if you have any questions and ill help as much as i can

Neebles

Take look at Cadlights AIO tanks. Very good quality, beautiful and well made. They cost more, but you get starfire glass. If you looking for it long term, i would spend the extra $$$.
I would unfortunately disagree. Cad lights production tanks are garbage. Their nano skimmers, media reactors etc also garbage. I had nothing but problems with mine and their customer service is awful. I would recommend staying away from cad lights.

Are you set on an AIO? I asked as I had one and soon moved to a system with a sump and really enjoyed the flexibility and the extra water volume. Something like a 40g breeder with sump would be a nice beginner system in my opinion.

If you don't have the room for a "full" system and have to go with the AIO, there isn't anything wrong with that. Lots of people run them. Just make sure it's what you want. I wasted a bunch of money on my AIO set up and soon wanted to upgrade to a larger, full system.

Last edited:

Darienreefs7

IMO I would go for a tank where you can add a skimmer, and reactors. The IM fusion line is pretty promising and very beginner friendly. Go for the biggest one possible, you will not grow out of it quickly.

Neebles

IMO I would go for a tank where you can add a skimmer, and reactors. The IM fusion line is pretty promising and very beginner friendly. Go for the biggest one possible, you will not grow out of it quickly.
I would agree, nothing worse than quickly filling your tank to max capacity and cursing yourself for not going bigger.

Darienreefs7

I would agree, nothing worse than quickly filling your tank to max capacity and cursing yourself for not going bigger.
And everybody has made the same mistake of saying "well the smaller one is going to be cheaper" and then end up having to buy new equipment and spending double what you would have paid in the beggining.

Neebles

And everybody has made the same mistake of saying "well the smaller one is going to be cheaper" and then end up having to buy new equipment and spending double what you would have paid in the beggining.
Yep, when I did this, there wasn't a single piece of equipment that I could use in the new set up. I literally had to start from scratch. Don't count on making your money back selling the old equipment either. I have an 18g cad lights AIO sitting in my basement collecting dust that no one wants

tzurek

I have a jbj 30 rimless and couldn't be happier. Nice tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Suolainen

look on the marinedepots 20% off clearance thingy ;) i remember seeing a nuvo 40 gallon tank on there .. i personally like nuvo tanks a lot.

oh welcome to the forum :) im just a stones throw away in westloop, let me know if you have any questions and ill help as much as i can
Thanks for the info and the offer to help! I'm sure that once I get up an running I will definitely need some help!