Best Aptasia removal protocol

`*-+__Zen808

Besides file fish and inverts, are there any other methods that work, pls let me know. I prefer the non-chemical route, but i'm open to hear to all.

`*-+__Zen808

i had a few peppy myself but didn't notice any difference in aptasia control. My filefish is going ham on green algae than aptasia that have accumulated around my tank .

Unico

i had a few peppy myself but didn't notice any difference in aptasia control. My filefish is going ham on green algae than aptasia that have accumulated around my tank .
what size tank?and how many peppermint shrimp did you put?

Mjl714

I understand the best peppermint’s for aptasia are the Lysmata boggessi variety.

Quicksilver

Peppermint shrimp that have been raised to eat aptasia is best if you can find a local store that does that. Also, there is Joes Juice and Red Sea Aptasia X and there is a Majano and Aptasia wand that will send a small voltage that kills upon touch. Be patient, I had aptasia from a hitchhiker and with Aptasia X, peppermint shrimp and the wand I was able to get rid of it completely within 2 weeks.

I picked up 4 peppermint shrimp from aquapros a week ago and they are knocking out the aptasia in my deep blue 30. Every day I notice more aptasia are gone.