Best fish/invert for dealing with flatworms?

caragol

Flatworm exit has failed me, even with a high dosage and repeated regimen for three weeks straight. Killed every last one I could find the first week, continued the dosage two more times a week apart. A month later with no tank additions but RO/DI, they're back.

So, I give up. I'm going to try to control them instead. What's my best bet for a fish/invert in a 29g standard (not biocube) tank?

fredfish13

that sux. i used the flatworm exit a few months back for flatworms. only used once and it did it's job. i have a six-line in the 20 long. he usually is hunting for something to eat. haven't seen any in awhile. good luck.

caragol

I think I can do a sixline... that nudi would work too. I'm afraid that melanarus would be upset to be in a smaller tank.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
WOW!! Thats a small tank..

A small sixline or eightline should do the job.. These should be easy to catch in that small tank.

Eightline are more friendly

caragol

Isn't melanarus for a larger tank? Yeah it's a small tank. When the kids are older, I'll go bigger. Probably start fresh again livestock wise because I hate flatworms.

fwadiver

nudi is a bad idea, a wrasse will help control them but likely wont wipe them out. a yellow coris is one of my favorite for pest control, but a small tank is hard to do that way. what coral do you have? potassium permagnate dips would probably wipe them out, but 50/50 everything will live through it

caragol

I give up on wiping them out... I just want a nice small display at this point without these eyesores, something that picks at what it can find would make me happy. RBTA and zoas at this point for corals.

This happened with my last tank, and I felt like I could never trade because I could never eradicate them.

ColaAddict

I give up on wiping them out... I just want a nice small display at this point without these eyesores, something that picks at what it can find would make me happy. RBTA and zoas at this point for corals.

This happened with my last tank, and I felt like I could never trade because I could never eradicate them.
U can trade, just let people know, so they can dip and look for them

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Yeah, even a quick fw dip will have all the planaria peeling off the coral. You don't even need "dip" to get them off coral or rock.