best type of food for bta

Jep21

So today I started feeding my bta.. I got a variety of foods for my little guy.. I got some sallys freeze dried krill and zoo plankton, got some frozen PE mysis, frozen kril, and some rods food the combination of both herbivore and carnivore... Was wondering is that good enough food and was planning on feeding two or three times a week. Let me knw what you guys thnk... But for today I fed him freeze dried krill broke it in half and he scarfed it dwn lol

FishBeard

Frozen mysis made my first rbta grow so big and fast it overtook all my coral space. Just feed in moderation before its too late and you kick yourself for overdoing it!

Jep21

well he's in a 12 nanocube all by himself.. Except for 2 emerald crabs, pulsinv xenia and gsp.. Making it a nem tank.. I thnk he'll be fine if he grws big.. I would like to see my nem split.. I thnk it'll be awesome

FishBeard

by the way fishbeard how's ur frogfish?
Day 7, 3 ghost shrimp down, and he loves exploring the nano! Still haven't come up with an official name yet, I thought it would be so much easier to name him. His only tank mate at this time is my blue tux urchin. Not even sure what kind of cleanup crew I'm going to add yet.

Tethered_Limbs

most fish stores have them. i feed mine silversides. but ill also squirt some of w.e im feeding the fish at them too. start out slow with feedings, maybe once every two weeks. youll know when your nems hungry. just give it sometime n go slow. does it still look how it duz in yur avatar? has it changed at all? has it pooped? wait a week before you feed it.

Jep21

well I feed it one freeze dried krill.. Tried to feed it one more but it didng take it so I gave it to my two emerald crabs lol.. It still looks the same except for it moved to like a corner of a couple liverocks..

Tethered_Limbs

itll shrivel up n expell waste, mine always do this the day after feeding. you want to w8 a week to make sure it completely comfortable. try to put your rocks all the way around its foot, makes em comfy. i would feed it the smallest foods first, much easier for it to digest. but yea all signs seem good. keep an eye on him tho the first few months in a new system are hard on them

Jep21

itll shrivel up n expell waste, mine always do this the day after feeding. you want to w8 a week to make sure it completely comfortable. try to put your rocks all the way around its foot, makes em comfy. i would feed it the smallest foods first, much easier for it to digest. but yea all signs seem good. keep an eye on him tho the first few months in a new system are hard on them
yeah I cut up the freeze dried krill to lttle pieces..it ate it up big time. I will def keep a close eye on him